Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
Ladred
A Hill Giant

Server: Stormhammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Ladred Send a message via AIM to Ladred Send a message via Yahoo to Ladred
Thumbs up 1600 X 1200

With the release of Aya UI Version 6.50 Plus R3, Kanon has stated that there will be no more support for R2 and older UIs. I've used Plus since its inception and have developed a specifically 1600X1200 UI out of it.

I have gotten all of the errors out of the modified Aya UI that I use and have been prodding through the code to get a better understanding on how it's laid out. I will soon have beta to go into testing. I'm polishing things up now, and cleaning up some code.

I'm hoping to give it a somewhat different look, and a new name. It will be only for the 1600X1200 resolution, as there are just a few out there. I will also be making class specific mods, like a 3X3 bard UI for the bards that use the numberpad to twist with.

Here is a screen shot of the UI some months ago, when I get the present state of the UI cleaned up I'll post a newer screenshot of it. Hopefully this will give you a good idea of what I'm working towards.

I'm missing a name, so any input will be appreciated in that area. As you can see by the screenshot I'm going for a centralized control space for the middle of the screen with information to the right and left. I use actually four chat windows at the moment, but that space can be modified for any variations of chat window layout as you will see when I start to post class UIs other than druid.

Any questions, comments or concerns are welcome.

Doll - Akyashaa, Base - Duktoonz

Last edited by Ladred : 01-22-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Ladred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Nice work Ladred.
To bad i am at only 1280 resolution, looking forward to your updated picture.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:03 PM   #3
Ladred
A Hill Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Ladred Send a message via AIM to Ladred Send a message via Yahoo to Ladred

Ok first update on the pre-beta. Got the windows aligned correctly and fit. More to come soon.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #4
Ladred
A Hill Giant

Woohoo fixed the transparency problem.

Last edited by Ladred : 01-22-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 PM   #5
Ladred
A Hill Giant

Updated screenshot in the first post. This version is being tested by a few people at the moment. As you can see I learned how to do a custom guage~

Things I've done:

Removed the blinking balls from the target window.
Trimmed down a few of the xml files that were not and only had small changes to.
Went to a default animations file instead of the modified one that was in AYA plus.
I moved the inventory bags from the hotbutton window to the spell gems window to get them closer to the inventory slots.

Things to do:

Fix the spell gems window to where to colored balls are the boarder of the gem instead of a ball.
Make a button graphic for the book button. Increase the size of the spell gems.
Redo the hottbutton window buttons to match the green theme a little better.
Create a slider for the 5 minute timer.
Change the graphics for all of the smaller guages.
Redo the compass strip graphics.
Make the buff and songbuff windows smaller.
Make a 1280X1024 version.
-----------------------------

This project is taking a while because I'm going back through each window and recoding the whole thing straight from the default windows. I'm still learning some things so redoing the windows takes a little longer than it probably should.