Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 08-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Compact UI for 1024x768

Hello all. I've been working on my UI for personal use for a while now, and it's gotten to the point where I've decided I might as well release it.

Here's a picture of all the modded windows with labels:

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/3916/screenshotwitharrows.jpg

Made for 1024x768 with a viewport of 100 0 804 570. Basically I wanted to emulate the general layout of the origional UI while retaining the new functionality.

So, feedback? Would anyone use this? What changes would you make?

(Also, little question. Right now the mod includes an altered EQUI_Animations.xml, and I'd like to avoid that if possible. The only alteration is for the buff icon background. I tried integrating the stuff into the buff window file but I could never get it to work: it always just used whatever was in the Animations file even if I told the buffs to use a different background. Any way to do this without altering any core XML files that might need updating?)
Old 08-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Looks cool.

Only change would be to have the AA/EXP % under the gauges.

Post the files so we can try it out.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
(Also, little question. Right now the mod includes an altered EQUI_Animations.xml, and I'd like to avoid that if possible. The only alteration is for the buff icon background. I tried integrating the stuff into the buff window file but I could never get it to work: it always just used whatever was in the Animations file even if I told the buffs to use a different background. Any way to do this without altering any core XML files that might need updating?)

One way to do this is to create a new xml file called something like EQUI_Deathbane.xml and have your custom graphic definitions in there. Then, if you look in the EQUI.xml file, near the beginning you'll see a bunch of <Include> lines for each of the other xml files. Just add an <Include> line for EQUI_Deathbane.xml. The format of the line should be very obvious. A number of custom UI's use this method. If you want a specifice example of one, Lothay 2.5 uses this method.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaee
One way to do this is to create a new xml file called something like EQUI_Deathbane.xml and have your custom graphic definitions in there. Then, if you look in the EQUI.xml file, near the beginning you'll see a bunch of <Include> lines for each of the other xml files. Just add an <Include> line for EQUI_Deathbane.xml. The format of the line should be very obvious. A number of custom UI's use this method. If you want a specifice example of one, Lothay 2.5 uses this method.

So basically I'd have to move the altered "core" file from EQUI_animations to EQUI. :P I think I'm better off leaving it, that way if there's an update you just lose some graphics instead of losing access to the new window.

I considered moving the XP/AA to the bottom, but for two reasons I left them.

1- Although it's pretty close, if I moved the bars you'd have to look at a different point on the screen to check HP than I'm used to.
2- Too lazy to move everything. :P

Attaching files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mookUI_a_screen.jpg (242.8 KB, 22 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MookUI_a.zip (323.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 08-16-2004 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Attaching files
Deathbane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

I've scrubbed it down and uploaded the finished version to the Mix & Match section (there were more files from other modders than I thought. :P).

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3644

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 08-29-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Deathbane27 is offline   Reply With Quote