Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 12-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #1
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default UI ini Handlers

There really needs to be a way to load a UI that KEEPS settings from the required INI files for each mod.

Yes you can use /loadskin UISKIN1 1...but that just serves the purpose of that particular mod making everything else you load in the same place.

What about mods that are specific and unique?

When the UI loads in-game, it should look for a file called:
Config.ini

within that particular UI Folder.

Therefore, no more copy/paste INI files into the EQ directory.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 11:44 AM   #2
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Lanys T'Vyl
Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker

I am not quite sure what you are getting at here, but I think it is that you want the UI to look exactly like something you saw? Most of the UIs here that you can download come with a UI_Character_Server.ini file that you can use to copy and make it look exactly the way the creator had it set up. It is simple enough to do that. Go to the stickied post at the top of the Released forum, and download the INI copier. Directions are on that post. Hope this is what you meant.

<Savage Circle>
One Mind. Any Weapon.
- Hunter B. Armstrong
Say NO to overly-broad EULAs. Your computer is YOURS and so is the content on it. If you do not protect and defend your own privacy then expect it to be violated. (Courtesy of Garryck)
Lanys.Neoconker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Banderwyr
A Fire Beetle

Better yet, allow variables in the XML similar to PHP or other online advanced coding. For instance, use the config.ini as the central settings for things like screen position, etc... and then simply make the XML files look for that variable first, and if not there then load the default locations. Obvously this could not jsut be restricted to screen locations. You can do so much more with variables...
Banderwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:53 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Bander has the idea on which I was trying to describe.

I do not like the idea that if a UI comes with its own INI file for your character, that you have to replace your character with that one. (I happen to use this method with the skins I make)

If you want to use a different skin, you would have to copy over THAT ini file to the eq directory, blah blah blah.

Each UI should have its own unique INI file (if needed) and load from within THAT folder -- not tampering with your own personal ini files in the EQ directory.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:07 PM   #5
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

I know what you mean.. If I am in game and say I want to change to another skin, I can /loadskin name and all go default area or loadskin name 1 and it goes where the old skin had its stuff. I would like to /loadskin name name.ini where name.ini somehow (copies directs where to look whatever) directs the new ui to have the right config file and bingo everything is in its right place..

Dont think its able to do so now your stuck with default values or existing values..
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote