Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-09-2003, 12:59 PM   #1
dasterminata
A Bat

Server: sullon zek
Default Well I sent this email off a few weeks ago...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Suggested improvements to the guildtool.

Dear Sirs,
I'm an officer in my guild www.legacyofages.com on the Stormhammer server. Firstly I'd like to congratulate you on the guildtool, it's an invaluable tool for updating the guild's attendance records for our raids. I think most high level guilds use a DKP or attendance points system to share out loot to their members.

We use the guildtool to record and update our members attendance. At present we award 1 point for every hour a member is online attending our raids. However updating 60 people every hour takes me or another officer out of the raid for 10 to 15 minutes every hour. Also if anyone dies during that period they appear offline on the guildtool while zoning and it's easy to miss updating their points.

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add a collumn to the guildtool named DKP, AP(Attendance Points) or whatever, with numbers from 000 to 999. Then at the bottom of the guildtool a calculator with <select all members> and <select highlighted member>, and a field to add points. Then we can update all members points with the touch of one button, or subtract one members points by the ammount they buy an item when it drops.

Also at present there are 2 switches for sorting members, <show all members> and <show all online>. Would it be possible to add <show all in your zone> and <all in your raid> ?. This way on a raid we could only award points to the guys attending the raid and not to people AFK in the bazaar in tradermode or whatever.

Yours faithfully,
Dasterminata Soulblighter,
Legacy of Ages,
Stormhammer.
dasterminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Morgrym
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veeshan

Why not bring up the raid window and snap a screen shot every hour? Compile all the points later at your leisure. Have a few officers do this and compare at a later date to insure consistancy. At least that's what I do /shrug.

An ingame DKP tracker would probably be way to much to ask for but I guess it would be nice.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:23 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1. instead of emailing that in, use the FEEDBACK button in the Developer's Corner on the EQLive site. That will get it to the right person.

2. The do listen to the feedback, for example todays addition of /autojoin being kept per character instead of per computer was something I mentioned to Absor when I was taking my tour of SOE.. He told me that he reads every message that is sent in throught the Feedback on the site.

Goodluck, looks like some good info.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote