Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2002, 11:40 PM   #1
ianadile
A Fire Beetle

Server: Bertox
Default is there a way to add background to your txt

basicly im trying to add a background color to the txt in my spellbook.. with the picture I have I cant see the txt hardly at all.. so figured if I could put a background color under the txt it would work wonders.. if this can be done can somone please post the code.. if not please let me know its just not possible so I can workout another alternative.

Thanks again for all your guys help..
ianadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:29 AM   #2
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

I don't believe you can do that. What I would do, is take a screenshot with my book open, to see exactly where the text falls. I would then edit the image used for the background, and just place a different colored box slightly larger then the text, wherever text would be displayed. In game, it would appear as if there is a special background color just around the text, when it's actually part of the image.
Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 02:06 AM   #3
ianadile
A Fire Beetle

Server: Bertox

Yea that was 1 alternative I was thinking of to.. but the only problem is that if there is no spell in that slot im stuck with a big black rectangle in the picture with nothing in it.. but might be my only option at this point, less someone can come up with another alternative or a way to put txt backgrounds in. thanks for the reply tho.. I might go with that.
ianadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:00 AM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

why not change the foreground color of the font?

in these pieces
<StaticText item ="SBW_SpellName3">

add this line
<textcolor> <R>255</R><G>128</G><B>255</B></textcolor>

after the text line
<Text> spell name here </text>

Just change the RGB values to make whatever color text you want for each spell slot. Heck - each spell slot could have a differnt color assigned to its text.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:03 AM   #5
Astryne
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe

Ok, this is totally off the top of my head without looking at the way the spell book is done, but if I remember right, the Spell Gems are buttons. Buttons can be defined to be any shape and on top of that you can tell it where to place the actual icon within that button. So if you made the button background look like you wanted and then placed the icon within that, you should be able to obtain the look of a black box behind the words only when a spell is in there.

Hmmm, this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but I hope you get my gist.

(Edit: I will look at this in a bit and post what I get... it will probably look like hell because my art skills are nil, but you should be able to add better art)
Astryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
Astryne
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe

I tried a couple things, and neither one worked.

First I tried changing the normal button graphic on the spell buttons. This did not work since EQ does not care what you put there and instead uses the blue background or the red background and fills in whatever size you make your button. This is really rather annoying.

Second I tried to change the statictext objects into buttons. This produced the desired result, but the text did not show up right.

Last edited by Astryne : 10-05-2002 at 01:41 PM.
Astryne is offline   Reply With Quote