Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 PM   #16
Tanvarien
A Treant

Server: Xegony

For the YellowIconBackground part I just did a copy of the Red and renamed it, but doing it that way you won't see a yellow background because there is no yellow section in the t_buffs.tga file (figured I'd fix that part later). Have you gotten EQUI_Animations patched up enough to work at all? I'm still getting the symbol table error, which I guess could still be the filigree thing.
Tanvarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #17
Tanvarien
A Treant

Hah, now I've made it so EQ crashes. The only way it will even load Character Select is if I take out the custom Tablets folder from the uifiles directory. Which makes me wonder if EQ parses(?) all custom ui directories when it starts whether they are trying to load or not.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #18
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

I've managed to get it working all except the player window. The filigree thing was just plain silly. Now to find a player window that looks just like tablets and I'll be set.
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

wow mareeuh awesome work. Do you have a place to host the files so they can be shared?
Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #20
qdrago
A Ghoul

so is anyone going to post the files so my dumb ass cna download=P
qdrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #21
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

The last time I submitted a UI to get uploaded here it didn't happen so I mainly just do it to keep my own UI working since I seem lost playing without it.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
TBHockey
A Gray Wolf

I am almost finished with this, I have to go through some testing but hope to have it today if not should be tomorrow. I haven't messed with the Animations File yet but going to see how that works out with my changes. I am having to load EQ on a PC at work to test this.
TBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #23
Tanvarien
A Treant

Well I'm stuck. I started trying to figure out why EQ was crashing before character select. Removing the Tablets folder from the uifiles directory completely allows EQ to load normally again. So then I started adding in all the files I changed one at a time. It seems every time I try and add a modified tracking window (one with WDT_defaultChat_Def changed to something like WDT_Rounded) it crashes. Remove the tracking window and let it load default and EQ will run, but UI won't load because of the reference to WDT_defaultChat_Def. Maybe I'm doing something else totally wrong, but I'm at a loss.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
fredgarvinjr
A Ghoul

Make sure your EQUI_Templates.xml in your custom UI folder contains the proper <WindowDrawTemplate item = "WDT_Rounded"> entry so when it hits that value in the EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml it knows what it is. Hope that makes sense.
fredgarvinjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #25
Tanvarien
A Treant

Ok, forget the tracking window thing. I was double checking some things and the error must still lie somewhere else. I can leave out a modified EQUI_SpellDisplay.xml file and EQ will load up. So the problem lies somewhere else and having all modified files in the directory simply completes the circuit, so to speak, and allows the main problem to manifest itself. The part that I still find a bit puzzling is the fact that simply having the custom directory in the uifiles folder will cause EQ to not load even if the ui is not set to load.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #26
Tanvarien
A Treant

Finally got mine working. When I added the new MaleRace/FemaleRace stuff into the animations file something got messed up and was causing my problems. I removed those lines from animations and EQ loaded again and then I copy/pasted them back in from default animations file and everything worked. I have the OOC regen added to player window, but still need to add corruption resist and the Character Select screen is uglier than usual, but everything is functional at least.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #27
jakevsnake
A Gray Wolf

Any chance you will post the files on here or make a link to them for us? I love this UI but I lack the knowledge, skill and mostly time to mess with it.
jakevsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #28
sparkthefire
A Treant

I had tablets UI compatible to POR then came all the problems.This is the info ive collected and so far i have it back up and running.Still need a few more fixes but im getting there.

<!-- New Character Select -->
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_CharacterSelect">
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces08.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>60</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>125</CX>
<CY>25</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

Add that to EQUI_Animations.xml.

In your custom EQUI.xml you need an entry for EQUI_CharacterListWnd.xml and comment out or remove EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml.

Add EQUI_SpellDisplay.xml and include it in EQUI.xml as well. Update the EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
Check EQUI_CharacterListWnd.xml, EQUI_SpellDisplay.xml and EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml for the line WDT_Filigree or WDT_Filigree3 and change to WDT_Rounded. I found any Filigree and the tablets UI will not load goes back to default.

Hope u can make sense of this and it helps.

Last edited by sparkthefire : 09-24-2006 at 07:33 AM.
sparkthefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #29
qdrago
A Ghoul

still not having any luck fixing this UI /cry. have tried all suggestions people have posted and it always load back to default......i guess i must wait for someone to upload the files on to here,
qdrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #30
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

The biggest help is checking the UIErrors log file after each time it loads to default. It helps you to see what pieces are missing or need fixed. Do one fix at a time and save what you have after each successful load.

I have zero errors at the moment with my Tablets, but I have conjured up an awfully ugly player window. If I can manage to fix it and stay with the Tablets theme for a player window I'll see if I can upload what I have then.

Mareeuh