Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
GilliamII
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to GilliamII Send a message via AIM to GilliamII Send a message via Yahoo to GilliamII
Default HP gauge background not moving?

Having a bit of brain frazzle with a mod I'm trying. Basic idea is to use AYA ver. 8.51 is my base and replace the group HP bars with those of AYA ver. 7.50X.....I just prefer the way they look.

I've gotten the gauge pieces moved into the texture file and cleaned up a bit to better match the rest of the newer version. I've found in the EQUI_AYA.xml file (I think this is the correct name of the file) where the position, size, etc are defined. I've figured out how to move the player name, text percent readout and the f2-6 marks. I can move the HP gauge itself but the background just will not budge. I can't seem to find how this is positioned in the group window.

It seems to be working with the previous settings for size as well. The new background is slightly smaller than the older one I am wanting to use. When I set the correct size in EQUI_AYA.xml it stretches and distorts. I also have problems getting the gauge itself to line up correctly but I think that's a side effect of not being able to move/size the background properly.

I've looked in all the logical places I can think of and nothing seems to be moving them. If someone could help me figure out where to look, what to look for, etc. I'd be most appreciative.

Of course I'm not sure any of this will make sense to anyone. If some clarification is needed on what I'm asking or what the problem is don't hesitate...I'm well aware that I only make sense to myself most of the time.

And thanks for any help.

”I don't recall 'hunting down reawakening God of Evil' as being part of my job description.”
-Ryudo, Grandia II

Last edited by GilliamII : 07-07-2007 at 03:21 AM.
GilliamII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I think I understand what you are asking for. You want the older version of Aya's serpentine group gauges in the newer Aya UI?

The gauge images from the .tga files are reproduced actual size by the UI. You can trim them down to your hearts content with no problem, this is how the group pet gauges are made, they use the same .tga image as the group members, just trimed down to about 3pixels tall. When you try to make them bigger, they can get goofy.

There are two places to play with the size of the gauges. One place will the animation code for the gauge, it will be simple code that says the gauge is this name and is such and such a size and is located on this .tga file. Do not change this code.

The other place is in the group window xml file, it will be more complex code that has stuff for text offsets, gauge offsets, background fills and the like. You can make the gauge smaller than what is defined in the animations file and it will crop it, but if you make it bigger, it will distort and the gauge will do odd things as life runs down.

If you want to resize the gauge properly, you will need to start with the .tga file and modify the actual image of the gauge parts to be the size you want them to be, then modify the animation, and finaly the group window xml.

Good luck,
Fen.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #3
GilliamII
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to GilliamII Send a message via AIM to GilliamII Send a message via Yahoo to GilliamII

Thank you, Fen! Your explanation helped me to understand a bit better how the flow works. I went back to the group window XML and looked around for the offsets. I found them and started playing with the number until I could find what did what. I still couldn't find one that moved them around though. But since I knew I was looking at the right place from your explanation I decided to do some searching with the calls from there. I tossed everything into FrontPage and did a search in all open pages for the fill names and whatnot. Oddly enough, I found the gauge backgrounds for the group window in EQUI_TargetWindow.xml I played with some gauge tags there and found that they started doing what I wanted them to do.

So my question now is.....is that normal? I'm just looking to understand now. Should this have been a place I should have looked right off the bat? I had figured that the stuff in there would just be for the target window and not effect the group window in any way. Or is it that any sort of target-like gauge can be edited and placed from this file?

Anyway, thanks a bunch to you, Fen. Just a few more tweaks and I think I'll have it perfect.
GilliamII is offline   Reply With Quote