Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Drathyr
A Fire Beetle

Default Problem with /loadskin

I've tried multiple UIs and am coming up with the same problem each time. I haven't played EQ in 2 years so I'm rusty and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I read through the FAQ and I'm either not grasping it or I have something else wrong.

When I /loadskin and select the UI I want, the windows are scrambled all over the screen. I tried both selecting and deselecting the "Keep your layout" button with no success. My resolution is set to the recommended resolution per the ui readme files. I've also tried other various resolutions with no luck. The last UI I tried was the updated underfoot version of Aya.

When I try to load any UI, be it a custom or the default, it leaves in the chat box the following message:

Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use /loadskin default 1 to load the Everquest Default Skin.

I'm sure this is a newb duh thing I've missed but I can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated!
Drathyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Onker
A Fire Beetle

Server: Zebuxoruk

The error message isn't your fault, hopefully it will clear up in a few days. As I understand it, it's a problem with some of the beta items not being live yet. *shrug* We'll just ahve to see.

As far as Aya goes, I had to manually move everything where I wanted it with that system, but I'm not sure if that's normal for it or not. I'm a long time DeltaX user, just waiting on an update really.
Onker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Drathyr
A Fire Beetle

so are no custom UIs working then?
Drathyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Custom UIs are working as long as the authors updated them. The error message you're seeing as already stated is a problem on Sony's end, that's why it also appears when you load the default UI.

If you use the /load directoryname command, I think you still need to put a 1 after it which tells it to keep your layout. So it would read "/load directoryname 1". But if once you loaded a UI incorrectly and the windows were scattered all over, and it sounds like you did, that pattern will hold for future UI loading until you reposition all the windows manually.

You could try using the /copylayout command and see if one doesn't have the window positioning you preferred.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
Taean
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

that red text error message isnt really some thing you need be concern about unless your UI isn't loading, even with my DurtyDelt UI that red still pops up

basically what it saying is that your UI doesn't have all the xml files it needs and it has to use some of the default XML files, nothing to be concern about my durtydelt UI still loads just fine
Taean is offline   Reply With Quote