User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2002, 01:28 PM   #31
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

only problem I can see with the dragon holding the book is unless we use gem size icons this book will be HUGE.

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:40 PM   #32
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Hey, Tadashya I'm gonna do the code for those spellbooks you posted in the thread "Pay no attention to the artist in peril here :P". Read that thread.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 02:51 PM   #33
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk

Well, I don't want to derail the thread. I had some problems with the plot that didn't have anything to do with the editing, but each to their own.
Starshelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:44 PM   #34
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Tadashya, glad you liked the spellbooks, again, I LOVE the ranger one (and so does my druid now). I'll post some screenshots of them here for Asele to see, good example of your art and my XML.

Enok
Old 10-01-2002, 05:53 PM   #35
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

got them submitted to the site. gonna dismantle my plea for a coder. How do you feel about coding an inventory for my Fire and Ice for Quartz?

/em is still dancing happily

Tad
Old 10-01-2002, 06:00 PM   #36
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Although I'm not very fond of quartz (I personally wouldn't use a UI where everything's across the bottom, I like stuff being on the sides and botton (like the original marble EQ interface) I'd be happy to code the inventory for you, explain what you want.

Enok

P.S. - And get me some stuff for Asele's UI, I really want to do some stuff for that =)
Old 10-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #37
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

I do quartz because I dont have to code anything plus its really easy to skin to just about anything. stringing christmas lights on it right now

trying to fill the request for an inventory.

and I just loaded the books... you put animations in there! /faint I think I will tweak the wizard one just a bit I think and move the lightsource on the orb. Totally above and beyond the call

I only reserve this for special occasions : you rock
Old 10-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #38
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Glad you liked the animations, I consider an animated close button a must, page turns not so important but whatever. I still can't get over how good the ranger one looks, can't wait to see more. Also, for future ones, if you include a graphic you want for the animation that'd be helpful, I generally just trace the center top and use photoshop's diffuse filter, heh.

Enok
Old 10-02-2002, 08:32 PM   #39
Asele
A Hill Giant

Ok, been thinking long and hard about this....

I like the dragon holding the book better. By doing this we can also use the default spell slot placement. You really shouldn't have mentioned animations. You got my creative wheels turning. If I'm getting too crazy let me know and I'll stop. What if the dragon turned the pages? Just a thought. How hard would that be? Also go tto thinking about your ideas for the buttons. Maybe have each hand be a page turn button? As for a close button, I'm just not sure what to do here yet. Would also like the page to have the default background color for the pages, but maybe have some darker brown lines on the pages, to give it an ancient look/feel. Maybe a crakced/torn appearance to the pages. Make ot have a brittle appearance. How does that sound? Book border/corners are up in the air still.

I'm REALLY excited about this.

What is a good time of day to reach you all in game and what char on what server should I try to contact? I'd like to discuss some things in a non public forum.

Asele
Agnostic KFC eating Evoker of Mith Marr
Asele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:08 PM   #40
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

my site has a forum. I can make a sub category and we can have this conversation there. Unfortunately EZboard seems to be flopping and twitching heavily right now, so it would have to be after they are done having their technical difficulties. I am on Emarr and usually play my druid Tadanya... but not often and usually only for specific raids or to do guild baking. I am semi-retired until PoP comes out, if that. email is also on my site plus I have just about every IM known cept yahoo

Tad
Old 10-02-2002, 10:49 PM   #41
Asele
A Hill Giant

LOL. Sound like a busy person. I'll email you tonight.

Asele

P.S. The nanas are for the nan haters out there
Asele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:24 AM   #42
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

I've been thinking of a couple ways to make a complete book page turn animation (I believe I've come up with an idea, so having the dragon turn pages may be a possibility, I'll do some testing and let you know (it may have to be a single or maybe two frame animation =/ not great but better than any other UI). If I can't come up with full page animations (the one's Tadashya is referring to is the button's highlighting, I don't think Tadashya was expecting that) we'll at least have pretty buttons, heh.

To reach me in game I'm on Innoruuk server playing as either Haliken or Enokhaon (probably Enokhaon) and I'm on quite often, especially after 9 pacific.

Enok