Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila
Default Inventory window and equipping items with req levels higher than your level...

When they made items stay on you after death they allowed you to equip items with req levels higher than your level to prevent issues that came up in the previous attempt. As part of this change they said that they made it so that items that are equipped but you do not meet the req level of would be highlighted in the inventory slot by yellow.

My custom UI does not do this. It doesn't change color when I have an item with a higher req level than my level equipped. I even removed the custom version of the inventory window and the default version didn't even turn yellow. I have heard others say that it works for them.

What might I have set up that would keep it from working right?
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Would help if you listed what items you tested with.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Don't see why that would matter. Don't remember all of them but the most recent one, and only one I can still verify it with is Dire Cestii.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

I'm assuming I'm still having this issue, I'm currently 85 though so can equip all level armor now. But I have recently noticed that certain Global drops, are showing up in my loot window as having the yellow around them, but not other items; for example Rough Animal Pelts and Sunshard Powder have the yellow inventory square, but stuff like Frost Giant Toes have the normal inventory square.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
sunaeri
Premium Member

I still use the default loot window and they started doing that for at least one of my characters too. I haven't really paid attention on other characters. This started a couple of weeks ago. It isn't bothering me enough yet to check the patch notes/compare files or try looting with my tradeskiller to see if its related to my normal looter not having tradeskills. Those two are good places for you to start investigating.
sunaeri is offline   Reply With Quote