Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Londera
A Gray Wolf

Default What i would like to see SOE do or a skin developer do

I really like clean screens and i really like bottom uis . This one has always been my favorite
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3696
Id love to see it updated if i knew how to do this i would do it myself and also the spell bar i like this one the most cause it can sit at the bottom also would love to see it updated
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5529
. If soe would get rid of all the frills and extra graphics that are on the current ui and make the default ui more customizable with their own options and more clean i would probly use it more often lol
Hopefully someone will tackle this ui and spellbar for me i tried to learn how to do it myself but couldnt find any good guides on starting out
Londera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
Kalthazz
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Kalthazz Send a message via Yahoo to Kalthazz

what about those who are restricted to 800x600 resolution who cant play any game without this are they to suffer cause someone else wants it to remain a higher resolution?
Kalthazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

In this day and age, if a person can't afford to upgrade their machine to be able to comfortably view 1024x768 at a minimum, then I have to wonder how they can afford to even play EQ at all.

You can get a 19" monitor for around $100 which would allow for even greater resolutions than 1024x768.

There is no reason a person should be forced to play at 800x600 anymore.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Dimencia
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalthazz
what about those who are restricted to 800x600 resolution who cant play any game without this are they to suffer cause someone else wants it to remain a higher resolution?

Go buy a computer newer than 1990, use a different UI (not like this is being forced on the EQ community at large), or try blue infinity ui!....
ANYWAYS....
Now to a good idea in the making here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londera
I really like clean screens and i really like bottom uis . This one has always been my favorite Delta 4

As you have seen this one has not been updated a little over 2 years, what you could do is down load it, all the patches that are listed install them in the directory/folder so that you have all the most up-to-date files for it.

Once you have that set up, /loads Delta4 and see what happens

It will either:
1. Load just fine with red text saying your UI files are out of date...
2. Error out and Load Default (most likely, read UIerror.txt to see what went wrong)
3. Crash EQ to desktop and no ui file errors even get a chance to load (lots o work here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londera
Id love to see it updated if i knew how to do this i would do it myself and also the spell bar i like this one the most cause it can sit at the bottom also would love to see it updated
Novawolf Horizontal 10-Spell bar
Hopefully someone will tackle this ui and spellbar for me i tried to learn how to do it myself but couldnt find any good guides on starting out

The someone will more than likely be you, if you take over Delta4 (many will love you if you do) you can learn how it works here one file at a time.

When I came back and took over DeltaX with tons of windows and graphic files this is how I was able to break it down and fix it. (you may find the spell bar easier to tackle right off the choice is yours)

Odds are you will encounter problem #2 above. and here is an easy (but not fast) way to fix this problem

1. Strip all files out of Delta4 folder and make and put them in lets say D4Broke Folder
2. Grab 1 XML file (probably the group window) and put it back in the Delta4 folder
3. Open that XML file and do a Search for .PNG and .TGA (their may be others used but unlikely)
4. Copy from the D4Broke folder any PNG & TGA files found in the XML your going to edit
5. Now back in EQ /load Delta4 and see what happens
6. You will need to Look at the /Everquest/UIErrors.txt file and see what has ERROR next to it WARNINGS are fine.
7. If you are not able to understand what the error is or have any clue how to fix it, Post the section from the UIErrors.txt that has the ERROR entries.
8. We should be able to help you go through and fix this UI 1 window at a time till you get up to speed and no longer need us... /sniff
Old 01-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
sunaeri
Premium Member

One additional note, the following errors are to be ignored at this time because SoE is working on the merchant window.

[Thu Jan 28 18:08:39 2010] Error: Could not find child MW_Recover_Button in window MerchantWnd

[Thu Jan 28 18:08:39 2010] Error: Could not find child MW_ItemListRecovery in window MerchantWnd

[Thu Jan 28 18:08:39 2010] Error: Could not find child MW_PurchasePage in window MerchantWnd

[Thu Jan 28 18:08:39 2010] Error: Could not find child MW_RecoveryPage in window MerchantWnd

[Thu Jan 28 18:08:39 2010] Error: Could not find child MW_MerchantSubwindows in window MerchantWnd

As far as windows, I would recommend not starting with pet or group to learn on. There have been significant changes to those windows. The Novawulf (Mafoo) bar would actually be a good place to start.

Follow the advice above to find out what pieces are missing.

Find the missing pieces in the default template. Copy them to a temporary place like notepad.

Adjust the dimensions of the screen to allow for two new spell gems.
At the bottom in the screen item take the CY. Divide by 10. Multiply by 2. Round up. Add the result back into the CY. (After a little more experience you will know how to get the number, this is just a quick start method). Test the UI after this step. You will still get errors. This test is to just make sure it loads.

Look at the code of the window you are modifying and the default UI pieces to figure out where the new pieces go. You can use items with the similar name from the UI you are modifying to do this. Test the UI after this step. The errors related to this window should be gone.

Look at the code of the window you are modifying to figure out how to add the spell labels. This should be easier to figure out once you have added the spell gems. Test the UI after this step.

After you have done all that, if you are still having issues, we can look at the code.

Last edited by sunaeri : 01-29-2010 at 10:05 AM.
sunaeri is offline   Reply With Quote