Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2002, 07:02 AM   #1
koplal
A Hill Giant

Default Photoshop

Does anyone know how to make a image completely transparent with photoshop. But it also needs to have the alpha channel. If anyone could help me it would be great i have tried for hours in various formats and cant seem to get it to work.
koplal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:07 AM   #2
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

Default Hrm...

I kinda played with this the other day - in passing, wasn't really my intention... and since it didn't work, I just moved on... lol.

But from what I gathered when it didn't work is this: it's not technically possible. But you could make some tiny, virtually unoticeable adjustments - put a 1x1 pixel dot somewhere on the image - or a 1 pixel wide border. This would create the RBG channels needed, also allowing you to have an alpha channel. The 1 pixel can be considered the "image" that Photoshop wants to see, and everything else should work just fine. Just choose a color that would blend well with whatever you're trying to do - or that at least won't stand out.

Hope that helps... and if you do figure it out, please let me know - that's good info to have!

~Lady Silver
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:52 PM   #3
Eohanit
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via Yahoo to Eohanit
Default Transparency

I'm pretty sure, like 80% sure, that you cannot take a full color picture in Photoshop and make the whole thing transparent so that when you put that picutre onto another picture, you can see bits and pieces of the bottom layer through the top one. The only way I can think of being able to do that is to change the transparency levels in game.
Eohanit is offline   Reply With Quote