Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Large Health / Mana Bar

I play the game at 1920 x 1200 on a 24inch flat screen. The issue with that is that any of the ui pieces that have stuff like hp / mana guages are tiny at that resolution.

I would like either to know how to enlarge one of the current ones so that I can actually read the bars and numbers, and see the timers better etc, or get a simple one made that has this basic idea.

I will just use an example. Seri has edited the Egras Mod. If you look at that main window, the one that shows hp / mana, has all the bags etc. All I want is the functionality of the HP and Mana part of it, but about 15% larger.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...iew.php?id=8927

The information I want to see is pretty simple.

Hp Current# / Max #[============================] %
Mana Current# / Max #[============================] %

Basically that but large enough that its easy to see and watch. Honestly if I could take the top part of that UI part in Egras and enlarge it about 12 - 20% it would be perfect.

The only last thing I ask if someone does take this on is if there is any way possilbe please add the timer and icon for out of combat / resting to it.

Thank you very much for all the effort you guys give.

Kloke
beyondremorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1920x1200... nice

I'm happy to do whatever mods you want if you'll do me a favour in return: I could do with someone testing my UI out at some higher resolutions and sending me the settings and some screenshots.

I've already got some large bars in use in my UI, it's a piece of cake to add those wherever you want.

Take a look at my UI, and let me know if those bars will be too big, or if they'd be ok for you:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5346

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Catweazel
A Ghoul

I finished setting your (Myx) UI up on 1600x1200 last night. The only problem left is the "small" map window, which I have positioned, but not resized.

Unfortunately, that is the largest resolution I can get to, but if you need help with someone playing with your ini files, let me know.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Cool, could you e-mail me a screenshot of it at 1600x1200 and your ini file please (myxiplx---usual bit---hotmail.com)? I'll add that to the list of supported resolutions.

thanks,

Myx
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Sure

Not a problem at all, I have used your interface in the past, I really like your stuff, but it was way to tiny when I upped my resolution for these monitors. I will put it at 1920 x 1200 for ya and take a screenie, so you know what I see. I want the health / mana to be movable if possible fyi, and as big as the mana is on your screen now, maybe just add the HP right above that one. I will check out the bars tonight, know though they are probably the right size on your screen now, once I turn it up that high they may be tiny again lol.

That is my current problem, if I look at some of these ui's run at 1280 x 1024 they look awsome, and then I put them in my resolution and they are barely readable lol. One thing I do know that I need is a way to take something out of a bag and click it as I need it on my default interface

Edit: I looked at your UI on the screenshot. Basically when you look at the JUST mana bar you have, I would like the health above that like your other screenshot but both of the bars to be as big as that mana bar. And I would like the exact and maximum numbers Bigger. I want to be able to glance and see quickly what I am at exactly, while I like the %tage when I am going to cast a spell I will watch my mana, knowing on a raid that I can cast a spell at 1100 mana etc, I stare at it till I get it hehe. Or when I need to buff after a death.

The only other issue I see with your interface between what I have now, is i want to see the name of the spells I am casting, I will take a screenshot of my current UI for you, its really crapp atm because it is after the patch, but you will get an idea of what I use.

Thank you for all of your help!

~ Kloke

Last edited by beyondremorse : 09-09-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Because I added more info.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

Well lol, I took the pics for you, but I cannot seem to find a place that will post a full size screen shot. Everyone shrinks it down to like 640 x 480. I tried photobucket, yahoo pictures, and shutterfly.

Need some suggestions lol.

~ Klo
Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

If you Email me the pic file (just put it in a zip folder) at Serianna {appropriate symbol} [dot] Net I can host it for you so myx can see

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Last edited by Serianna : 09-10-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Awsome

Ok I will do that when I get back home tommorow, it's odd the two people that I have blended their interfaces offering to help!

You both will see that I have some of each of your UI's awsome job guys!

~ Klo
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

E-mail it straight to me, my e-mail address is in the post above, just needs the @ symbol adding in

I don't ever type my e-mail address in full on forums as that's an easy way to get spam mail.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #10
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

Hey Myx,

Did you get to see this? Want to make sure you did get to check it out.

~ Klo

Btw, you can reach me on Stromm as Kloket
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

sorry, yeah, I saw it. Got it on my computer now

I did a little bit of work last night, hoping to find the time tonight to finish it.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Heya,

Just coming back with a progress report. Large gauges are a PITA lol.

This is bringing back memories of doing my own large gauges, I'd forgotten how much of a nuisance they are. Gauges don't scale the same as other UI graphics. The gauges only display at the size the graphics are, regardless of how big you set the size of the gauge itself. And graphic filesizes in eq are limited to 256x256 (or at least they used to be). So the reason Egras and all the others only have bars at that size is because that's pretty much as big as they go.

However I'm a stubborn bugger, and there's usually a way of bodging things. I've got a couple of idea and I'll be playing more this weekend, just letting you know that it's not forgotten, just taking some time

Myx
Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Rock on.

You rock, I am in no real rush, you will get it when you get it heh. Me being impatient won't help you get it done faster.

Thank you for the update though!

~ Klo
Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #14
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Cracked it! I was being dumb - I'd forgotten that EQ can only work in base 2 when opening graphics - ie. the file dimensions have to be one of 2, 4... 64, 128, 256. So files can be 32x32, 64x64, 128x32, etc... up to a maximum size of 256x256.

So when I'd made my odd sized 185x100 graphic, EQ would have been opening it in a 256x128 space in memory, explaining why I was getting empty spaces all around it.

I've got a large gauge working now, all I've got to do tonight is tidy up the graphics and try to figure out where I can put dividers.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Ok, worked it out. This is what I have at the moment, shown next to one of my old gauges so you can judge the size. What do you think?

Send an e-mail to myxiplx --- x ---- hotmail.com and I'll reply with the zip file. It's working but I've got a lot of tidying of the code to do before I'll publish it properly.