User Name
Password

Old 02-20-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Going in to "Patch Mode"

"Number One Prepare the Site for Patch Mode, All Hands To Your Stations" - Dolby

While the above statement is said in humor, it is about how things are going around here. But the big question is "What is Patch Mode?"

Patch Mode:
As you can see we have started prepping the site for Monday's release of Legacy of Ykesha. This will include fewer graphics, less images, and other tweaks to allow more people on, with less lag.

Monday
Expect UIBuilder to be offline untill two things..
1. Mykol can incorporate the new UI stuff into it
2. Our volume Drops back to normal

Also expect to see the "server busy" screen.. we are attempting to have an HTML page like we did last major patch that will list the fixes..

AUTHORS!!!
please only release patches for your work into the "patches" forum, please hold off on uploading new versions of your work untill at least Weds.. I expect there will be tweaks to LOY once it is live, and I want to give SOE time to make thier tweaks so that all the authors dont have to upload thier repaired mods twice.

Non-Author Users!!
Please do not Post a request for an author to release the whole new mod all fixed, I am asking them to release patches only for 3 days..Look in the patch section for a fix. Also PLEASE LOOK for a topic about the mod your using being broken, started by anyone else for your mod before starting another. This alone will save everyone time.

Please Understand that we will have an average of 700-900 people at a time trying to get into the site come monday. this is not only going to beat on our server, we are going to go way over our bandwidth for the month.. sooo let me throw in, if you want to donate.. February is a GOOD month do to it!!

PLEASE be Patient on Monday, you won't get left out!

Thank you!

- Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #2
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Should we all manually turn off signature files for the next week just to lower the load or is that something you can/will do on your side?
Old 02-20-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by sc2kmayor
Should we all manually turn off signature files for the next week just to lower the load or is that something you can/will do on your side?

not usually neccissary, once your in the site, and it loads the signatures are nominal...

it was the background image, the button images, etc that were really causing the load =)

thanks for asking..

if needed Dolby can disable from our end i am fairly certain..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Default WOOT

Cant wait to redo all the ui's lol .. thats going to be bad, bad, bad i say.... ohh well it will keep us all bizzy
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

signatures are not hosted on our server... so there is no stress put on our server with signatures. However you might be stressing your signature host server if u post in a thread that gets alot of views.

I'll be on a plane comeing back home on the 24th... I have a laptop with dialup (cant wait for sprint wireless dsl) so i'll optimize the site best i can late sunday early monday.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote