Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
Rundle
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default More UI changes in late Sept.

From the EQ Upcoming Updates page.

Quote:
Upcoming Updates
We will be doing some UI updates on September 28, 2005.

Any rogues here who could find out what's up?
Rundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Maybe just some fixes for things? Not to sure here. Noticed yesterday that the Color tab in the options window no longer displays color selections for chat channels
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

More likely they are implementing the Escape to Norrath UI as the default. After all its a bit daft atm to have folks come out of the tutorial to a worse looking UI ...
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Aye, run the EscapeToNorrath.exe in your eq folder at your own risk and you can see the new UI graphics. Looks like the function is mainly the same. Just a large graphics change.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

yea i just checked out the EtN ting. Its just new graphics. New gauges, bg, spell icons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
mikitta
A Snow Cougar

One note, the Escape to Norrath UI files are a tad different in some respects. If you create a folder called SOE and put a copy of your EverQuest folder into it and then patch Escape to Norrath from out of that folder - you will have an instance of the new UI. Take the Inventory window and copy it into a folder in your UIFiles in your main EQ directory (Everquest in your Programs folder, not SOE/Everquest ... ). You will default to the the older Inventory UI, not the newer one.

So if they are going to the newer format, we will have to all do some reworking of our UI's to work with that format. I'm not sure how comprehensive it will be though. I'll try playing around with it tonight.

God Bless,
mik
mikitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Looks like just window Graphics, I didn't see any major changes to window functions. Looks like a new Default on the horizzon. NM if it effects My current UI I'll just make another mod....
Old 09-19-2005, 01:58 AM   #8
KendallWolfsong
A Fire Beetle

Server: Antonius Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Maybe just some fixes for things? Not to sure here. Noticed yesterday that the Color tab in the options window no longer displays color selections for chat channels

Yeh I notcied that as well it was rather annoying as one of my chats I am having problems viewing

Btw does anyone know if there is to be an update for tablets_brown-wood UI I really like this one and I'm afraid I don't know enough to do a mod myself since the last patches. and I now get my xml files are not compitable
KendallWolfsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

The compass is wrong on the EtN UI, the directionals are listed in this order... E W S N .... insead of E S W N. just something I noticed.

on this note :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikitta
One note, the Escape to Norrath UI files are a tad different in some respects. If you create a folder called SOE and put a copy of your EverQuest folder into it and then patch Escape to Norrath from out of that folder - you will have an instance of the new UI. Take the Inventory window and copy it into a folder in your UIFiles in your main EQ directory (Everquest in your Programs folder, not SOE/Everquest ... ). You will default to the the older Inventory UI, not the newer one.

So if they are going to the newer format, we will have to all do some reworking of our UI's to work with that format. I'm not sure how comprehensive it will be though. I'll try playing around with it tonight.

God Bless,
mik

I DLed the EtN and made a complete copy of the default folder and gave it a new name (EtN) and was able to load up the new default settings without any problem.

Last edited by Kavrvnwlf : 09-19-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #10
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Caetenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallWolfsong
Yeh I notcied that as well it was rather annoying as one of my chats I am having problems viewing

Btw does anyone know if there is to be an update for tablets_brown-wood UI I really like this one and I'm afraid I don't know enough to do a mod myself since the last patches. and I now get my xml files are not compitable

Read the thread on the UI. I've posted fixed XML files in it that will get it up and running. New zips are coming, I'm performing some overdue cleanup to a few things in the UI (they don't affect the functionality at all, they're just maintenece) that are taking me longer than expected. If you get the XML files I posted (two on page 7 and one on page 8) and use the instructions posted, your UI will work fine.