Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #31
Kalthanan
A Hill Giant

Server: Cazic Thule

A bad back is not something you want to mess around with. You should probably see a spe******t just in case, if you have the insurance to cover it.
Kalthanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 AM   #32
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There's no damage from what I can feel, just a lot of surface bruises. Doc took a few x-rays when I went in, should have the result from those next couple days, along with a follow up appointment. Unfortunately if anything is wrong I will have to shell out the money for it, the insurance I have doesn't cover that much. This doctor knows my back better than even myself, he's worked on it in the past when I had a few snowboarding injuries.

I just dread driving myself there. My car is was built for 1/4 mile drag racing, so when I hit the gas it's gunna put some serious pressure on all that bruising.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #33
LordRivenDaMari
A Hill Giant

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to LordRivenDaMari Send a message via Yahoo to LordRivenDaMari
Default Reply to the program

Hey, Downloaded both your program and new Precompiler. Listen I am still new to this and learning as I go along. I know alot of people are trying to make UI's for EQ and I am one of them. One for instance is I am a graphics designer but cannot get the right way of setting up the codes. I downloaded the program to make it easy for me. But I have no clue how to set up what goes where. I can make a graphic but them setting the code confuses me. Plus I notice you don't have a version where it will show the codes working with the image itself? Is there anyway that I can make this easier for me. I mean I want to make graphics for people to use. But do not want to just make pieces.I want to make full UI's. But setting it up is hard for me. The only resort I have left is making the graphics and having someone else do the coding for me. I don't want to put someone through that. Can you help me out with this?

Riven DaMari
of Fennin Ro
LordRivenDaMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #34
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

The program is not complete yet bud. I've only been working on this a month and programs of this scope can take up 5 months to complete on a normal programming schedule. I've been putting every extra bit of time I have into this though (I have a ton of spare time). The only real reason I put out the pre-compile was to demonstrate what I have so far. It has no way to really edit the files so far, but that's being worked on currently.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #35
LordRivenDaMari
A Hill Giant

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to LordRivenDaMari Send a message via Yahoo to LordRivenDaMari

Hey that is really cool that you are making this program. I want to test it out whenever you get it done. I appreciate you for actually doing this. And thus far I enjoy your work on this. I will wait as long as it takes. For now I guess I will work with the basics. But in due time can not wait to see the full final product. Sorry for the harsh sound if I was being over dramatic about it. But hey I am sorry and I will wait for it to be complete.
LordRivenDaMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:28 AM   #36
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

This is getting slower by the day. Having to stop and learn so much now that it's adding considerable amount of time to development and giving me some serious headache's. Could really use the help of someone that is experienced in working with xml data, specifically de-serialization (which is where I'm having problems). Bout ready to just ditch checking against SIDL.xml and write every last element/attribute to the xml files, afraid of this because it'll add a considerable amount of lines to the xml files (more than double what most people currently have in their UIs).
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #37
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Ack, that would be a lot of code to contend with. Try emailing Greendragon, I think he may be able to help you out if he is willing. Although, he may had been at the point where you are now which is why he never finished his.

Wish I could help you with that bud.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #38
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Well the solution came from someone who I least expected and has the worst understanding of computers, my mom. After explaining it to her when she wouldn't give up on figuring out why I was cursing up a storm at my laptop, she asked why not just pass the entire list of defaults to the de-serializer. Which is working just like I need it to.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #39
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

- Priceless !
Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #40
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Rofl
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #41
Fyrecaster
A Hill Giant

Default Watching / Awaiting with interest

Just to say I think what you're trying to set up Shilling is one of the best ideas I have heard of so far. Especially waiting to see a program that will allow for WYSIWYG. So tired of having to tie up both mine and my wifes comps while working on on designs for UI pieces. So I'll keep my eye buried as to this projects progress, I just wish I had more programming knowledge so I could help out.
Fyrecaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #42
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Got back on track today with working on this. Instead of checking defaults before the xml document is created, I am checking them before it is saved. Had to change that a tad to make use of the serializer i recently learned how to use properly.

In the process i accidentally created an Undo feature. Got a line of code wrong in the deserialization (data to readable text), and instead of clearing the element that was being edited and re-adding it. It buried it inside it like the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?> <TextureInfo item="CS_Buttons.bmp"> <XmlDocument> <TextureInfo item="CS_Buttons.bmp"> <XmlDocument> <TextureInfo item="CS_Buttons.bmp"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> </XmlDocument> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>300</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> </XmlDocument> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>400</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo>

However the code that reads the individual elements before saving to file doesn't know to look for XmlDocument element, so it only grabs the outermost one:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?> <TextureInfo item="CS_Buttons.bmp"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>400</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo>

So i'm going to use that to my advantage, hahaha.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #43
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Alright came up with a cool feature today. Say your editing the property to a Size's X value: If you enter basic math like 5 + 10, when you hit enter it will convert it to 15, essentially performing the math operation. So I have a question now, any math formula's ya'll think I should put in other than: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #44
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

well, my boyfriend is a programmer, and he suggested having the mod command operator. breif description for those that don't know -
17 mod 3 = 2
because
17 / 3 = 5 remainder 2

the mod command gives the remainder for a division problem that is solved in integers rather than in decimals. i assume division in this program would be performed in integers, as i don't believe that you can put something halfway through a pixel.

his suggestion for how it could be used involved window sizing and placement - say you have a certain number of window you want to place along the bottom of your screen. you want them to take up an equal amount of horizontal space, so that people can stack them vertically and have them line up if they want. you take the horizontal screen resolution and divide it by the number of pieces to get the number of pixels wide each window should be.
however, then you think of some skinny window you'd like to place in the extra space (because it's increadibly unlikely that it will be exactly even). use the mod command with the same numbers to find out how much room you have left to put the skinny window in (such as a vertical potion window, or a mod of an unused window that just lists stats). then you could simply take 1 or 2 pixels from each of the other windows if you decided you needed a little more room.

don't know how useful it would be, but if it's not complicated, you could include it. i understand that in programming, the symbol generally used for mod is %.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #45
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Well instead of doing it by breaking the string up with regex expressions. I decided to just load the math function into a temporary in memory program, so any math that you can do in c# code, you can do in the properties.

I do know modulos functions very well though. Can't believe i forgot about that one, it was the core of my first game i wrote, pong.