User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
ĽoJimBo
A Snow Cougar

Server: Veeshan
Default New sever!

Here is someing i was reading off eqdruids.com

New server is being tested, with some seriously different rules. This could be a VERY interesting server to play on (especially with the death rules)

From EQLive:

Help us Test "The Fallen"
Please help us with testing the new server rule-set for "The Fallen". If you would like to help test this exciting new concept, please patch to EverQuest using Testeverquest.exe, which you can find in your Everquest directory. Once patched, select "The Fallen" from the server directory and you are in. Here is the proposed rule-set for this server;

- Any character that is slain for any reason what so ever will be reset and placed back into newbie status. Characters will not be restored or resurrected for ANY reason what so ever. Once you're dead, you're dead.

- Each account will only be allowed one character on this server. Any PvP death results in the killing player obtaining a number of points based on the levels of the characters involved. Players can only gain points from characters that are within 5 levels of them.

- You may loot all tradeable items from the corpse of the character you just killed, all other equipment is destroyed with the character.

- The server will make use of the Firiona Vie no drop rules (few things will be No-Drop)

- The server will have the old world (Antonica, Faydwer, Odus) plus the Legacy of Ykesha expansion , and will only allow characters to reach level 50 with no AA.

- The server will have a doubled experience modifier to facilitate faster paced gameplay.

- Players will not be able to turn on /anonymous or /roleplay to hide their current location.

Help us out and let us know what you think. You can use the Submit Comment link on the Dev Corner to send us your feedback and ideas.

Thanks for your help and I hope you enjoy "The Fallen"

- Spiritual

I have not yet gone on the sever, but i hope too soon!
ĽoJimBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I've never been the type to play with "Hardcore" rules, but this should be a very interesting server.

It would be interesting if they could adopt some kind of guild and player tracking like DAoC uses for kill and such. Then us pussy blue server players could live vicariously through our favaorite gladiator, so to speak.

If this server goes live I might log on and see what it is like. I'd like to at least see what the experience modifier is like.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
ĽoJimBo
A Snow Cougar

well, the new sever is like LoD Or like D2, with all of the pvp stuff, it is like playing a hardcore char, you die, you cant play him any more... i have not died yet!......... So i am not sure on the not playing part, but i am still playing and let me tell you it is fun
Old 12-16-2003, 06:26 PM   #4
Kedrak
A Treant

Server: Antonious Bayle
Talking Amazing

Lol this is a REAL LIFE server, you die, you start gain....

Im looking Decaying Skellies from a very different way from now......

<< La vida sin honor no es mas que una muerte lenta... >>
Kedrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:29 AM   #5
onetwo1212
Silly Necro

Server: Tribunal
Send a message via AIM to onetwo1212

Wow, I'm gona have to give this a try.
Threefour 24 Monk
onetwo1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:54 AM   #6
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

Maybe it'll rip the griefers from the other servers... =)
Old 12-17-2003, 11:22 AM   #7
ĽoJimBo
A Snow Cougar

Man this is fun, i had a 15 sk.. was the highis on the sever... i was in oasis and i got jumed by a SG AND DIED!~... Now back to level one.. but man it is fun!