A Fire Beetle

Default 1920x1200

will this work 1920x1200?
Lenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #167
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You'll have to be more specific I'm afraid, I've got something like half a dozen UI mods linked to this thread, from full interfaces to single custom pieces.

If you're talking about the modular UI, there's no reason why it wouldn't. I don't have a layout preconfigured for that resolution, but you should be able to load one of the 1280x960 layouts and move the pieces around to suit yourself.

I'd love to see a screenshot of it in action at that size btw, if you could post up a link when it's working that'd be great.

Myx

PS. Thanks everybody for the kind comments, feedback like that is exactly why I keep on modding!
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #168
Gorestink
A Gray Wolf

Hello,

I'm a long-term lurker on the boards and have been a huge fan of your stand alone pieces for years. I've always found complete sets too confining and prefer to pick the best bits for my personal needs and playstyle. The minimap was the first thing I picked up and has been in every UI patchwork I've used since. The colour changing grp hps indicators built into Target/HoTT are pure genius ~ and the V3 is beautiful mod. With the major grp window changes my colour coded grp window mod broke, so I just stopped using one .. the Target window was plenty and perfectly placed.

The latest grp 1.1 looks awesome. I've played with it some on alts and I'm totally sold ~ my main's UI wants a grp window again. If I patch the grp 1.1 into my main's regular UI folder, it breaks and I load up in default mostly, with a minimap sized map window (but the cartography drawn to fit a default map size).

From looking at the error log I wondered if this might be because these two standalone items come with myx_window_pieces01.tga and Myxiplx_window_pieces.tga. I also tried rather clumsily to rename files as per the format you use in the Modular UI release. Is there some way I might consolidate these files?

Thanks again Myx, the improvement to my ease and ability to play the game provided by your work can't be overstated.

sincerely,

Yianulla of Triune, E Marr. 85 Bard.
Gorestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #169
Edde
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Default Vertical Group Window

For some reason I wasn't able to get the pet health indicator to show. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie
Edde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #170
Tavarua
A Gray Wolf

Grr, this is so frustrating! I've been trying for a long time to try and get this to work, and I just simply can't do it. I've followed the instructions on the main page to a T, but this is what it looks like when I load the UI...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6979/eq000004rw4.jpg

Any help??
Tavarua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 AM   #171
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey folks,

gorestink: I've added that to my to do list, if it's going to default there are duplicate items in there which I can fix easily by checking the group window code and ensuring all of it is up to scratch and following my modular naming conventions. I'm going to have to ask you to bear with me I'm afraid though, I was off work ill yesterday, and it looks like everyone else in the family's gone down with it too, so I'm only going to get an hour or so each day for UI updates and it'll take me a while to get everything fixed.

Edde: My default group window doesn't include the pet health, you have to go to the options folder and copy the version with the pet indicator into your UI folder if you want pet health visible.

Tavarua: There are two problems I can see. The first is that it's reverting to default, if you're using my modular UI that's almost certainly caused by the EQ button. Have you downloaded my patch for that?

The second problem is your screen size, because you're using a higher resolution than I have, you need to change the viewport command. For your screen you'll probably find this works ok:
/viewport 0 0 1680 676

If you don't have it, that EQ button patch is here:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5803
Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #172
Terieniela
A Gray Wolf

Server: veeshan
Default Pet indicator in teh group window

I understand the vertical mod doesnt come with the pet indicators but I dont see a mod for that download noted. Will the mod for the regular download (the kinda horizontal one) work?

(sorry, Im not very knowledgeable about this stuff).
Terieniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #173
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

It's not published as a separate patch, instead there are two versions of the group window within the same download.

When you unzip the file you download, if you have a look inside the folder that's created you should see another folder called options. Inside there you'll find the files for a vertical group window with pet health bars.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #174
Tavarua
A Gray Wolf

Where do I extract the EQ files to?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #175
Tavarua
A Gray Wolf

The EQ button files I mean.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #176
Tavarua
A Gray Wolf

Alright, i got the UI to load, but now I can't get the caster layout to load. It just reverts to a screen with a bunch of random crap on it.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:51 AM   #177
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Ok, I'm a little confused now, are you installing just the group window or an entire UI?

It sounds like you're loading a UI and you've got the pieces to load, but not the layout. To get one of my layouts working, you need to go into the UI folder, and then into the "INI files" folder inside that. Copy the files there into your main everquest folder and then you should be able to use /copylayout to load my settings.

With the problems you're having though, I'd advise taking a backup of your current settings first. They're in a file called UI_character_server.ini in your main everquest folder. Just copy that file somewhere so you can put it back if you want.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #178
Gorestink
A Gray Wolf

ello again,

Much obliged to you Myx, I feared the work involved might be several steps more advanced than my amatuer knowledge will allow for. I'm just glad my original post made sense Take your time.. I'm at yer mercy really, an' I'm sure it will be worth the wait

regards

Yianulla of Triune, E Marr. 85 Bard.
Gorestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 AM   #179
lillieth
A Bat

hmm did the eq button fix but my buff windows have gone wild... they look like a layout of a backwards 3 where they are stacking on eachother vertically but the left one covers only a little of the right ones lower left corner. then the next one after the one on the left overs the left ones lower right coner then left again then right etc etc....

lillieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #180
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey folks,

Well I have a bunch of updates done now, just haven't worked out how best to upload them to the site now, so I'm going to ask you all to drop me an e-mail (at googlemail.com) and I'll send the pieces you need over:

Potion Belt & Combat Window
Somebody mentioned this but I can't find who. I've adjusted the new tooltips for both so these should be fixed now. Drop me an e-mail if you want them.

Gorestink - I've still got to do the group window I'm afraid, I've had to concentrate on my main UI's first. Might be done tonight though so if you drop me an e-mail I'll send it over as soon as it's done.

hetter - I've got the buff windows fixed now, e-mail me for those, and I've also had a look at the hotbuttons. The ones in my latest tiny UI appear to work fine, so you might want to download that and copy them over. Let me know if you have any problems.

Lilleth - I've got the buff windows sorted now, e-mail me for a copy.

Travaar - I've seen intermittent problems with roles, but I can't see anything wrong in the code. Can you let me know if you're still having problems with that.