Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #181
Gorestink
A Gray Wolf

Ty Myx.

Email has been sent for your convenience )

You fix the big stuff first, then worry about more obscure or individual problems .. makes perfect sense. In your own time fella. I sorta bodged together a temporary fix using another author's minimap, differently named files and it loaded up ok... but it's not nearly as nice, clear and familiar as the Myx v2 minimap.

I doubt I'm the first person to ask, but you wouldn't want a job at SoE would yer? I'm just not used to this level of speedy replies / work done, lol.

cheers,

Yianulla of Triune, Emarr. 85 bard.
Gorestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #182
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Gorestink: I've got the group window updated now, just waiting for your e-mail to arrive so I can send it over.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #183
Travaar
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Travaar Send a message via Yahoo to Travaar
Default Group Window Role Assignment

Well, I'm not really having problems with it anymore because I started using a different group window. I was able to work around the role assignment issue by using my player window to assign roles to myself. I switched to a different group window because after the 12/9 patch several of the UI pieces I was using broke and I switched to using Infiniti_Blue_Di28889 and then throwing in some different mods that I like. I would like to keep using your group window except that I haven't been able to get the outer frame/border to show and without the border showing it doesn't fit in looks wise with the rest of that UI. I actually did spend a bit of time trying to get the frame/border to show and couldn't figure it out. Is there a quick and easy way to get the border/frame visible? I thought it would be as easy as changing something from false to true, but nothing that jumped out at me as possibly being the right change worked.

Thanks for your time and help.
Travaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #184
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

There are most likely two settings you'll need to change. The first is simply <Style_Border>. Make sure this is set to true.

The second one is <DrawTemplate>, this sets the style of the entire window (including the border). I tend to use WDT_Inner or some variant of that since it's a simple clean style, to get this to match the rest of your UI you'll probably need to open up another window from the Infiniti_Blue set to see what draw template that uses and set this the same.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #185
Travaar
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Travaar Send a message via Yahoo to Travaar

Thanks! I'll mess about with it tonight and let you know how it works out. I appreciate your help and your quick response.
Travaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #186
Draqear
A Fire Beetle

Default Modular UI failes to load

Anyone else having problems as of the new hotfix / patch the other day?

Diriel
Draqear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #187
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Still seems fine to me, have you downloaded the patched EQ button for my UI?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #188
Faeinea
A Gray Wolf

Myniplx I seem I cant get this to load into my UI ..is there a patch for this I am missing?

http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5794

I recently had a hard drive crash and had your group window working then...I have a new hard drive and been re-piecing together what I had and now i can't seem to get the group window to work.

I try and load it and it forces my UI to default.
I really love this group window too lol

Last edited by Faeinea : 12-22-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Faeinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #189
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hmm... the only thing I can think it might be is a clash with one of my older pieces. Are you using my map mod by any chance?

If so, try downloading my modular UI and take the map and things out of there. That UI has the latest versions of nearly all my pieces and shouldn't have any clashes. I do have plans to rework the group window which will also remove any possible clashes, but it's likely to be at least a couple of weeks before I have time.

Let me know how you get on.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #190
dalesurvey01
A Fire Beetle

Default Can's seem to load it either...

I absolutely love your UI, but like Faeinea I downloaded it and followed your directions to a "T", but it will not load the skin at all. I am able to copy your layout, but I have the default UI. It doesn't even give me an error message that the XML is incompatable....it just doesn't do anything.

I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't be a conflict issue - I just came back to EQ after about 3 years and I have all new computers and a fresh EQ install.

I understand you've got the whole RL thing, so I will keep checking back, but I am anxious to go for a stroll with your UI. =)

Thanks!
Simaran
dalesurvey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:18 AM   #191
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Ok, there are a couple of things to check. First, have you downloaded the patched EQ window file?

The second one would be to check the name of the folder you've created in uifiles when you extracted the zip file you downloaded. Everquest doesn't allow spaces in UI names, so you should have a folder something like this that contains a whole bunch of xml files:

c:\program files\sony\everquest\uifiles\myxiplx-modular-ui
Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #192
dalesurvey01
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Success!

Well, it must have been the EQ button file. I put it in and have had success for the most part. The UI looks wonderful - sleek, functional, and intuitive!

I'll describe exactly what I did, as there still seems to be a bit of an issue with the /copylayout step in your instructions (maybe has to do with resolutions?):

I logged into a bazaar mule just to test. This mule has had NO changes to the standard UI, not even any extra chat windows. I did a /loadskin and selected the file that I had extracted from your zip file - I de-selected the "keep my layout" button on the Skin Dialogue Window. (I was in 1280x800 non-windowed resolution, by the way.) The UI components all loaded beautifully; my viewport had shrunk quite a bit too.

I then did a /copylayout and chose your "antonious" layout. It paused for a very long time, then moved my windows around and reverted back to the standard UI.

So I did another /loadskin, but this time I left the "keep my layout" button selected. It put your UI back on without a problem, with the layout given to me by the "antonious" copy.

I am curious, however, as to what resolution your layout was designed for? After all the steps above, I have your UI, but the layout was scrambled all over the place. Not a big problem; I have your screenshot to see where you had planned things to go, and I can unlock and move everything, I was just curious.

Long story short: I had to replaced the EQ Button file, I now have your wonderful UI, and I need to do some tweaks to the layout. Awsome work, and thank you so much for sharing it!!!
dalesurvey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #193
thecliogeek
A Ghoul

Send a message via AIM to thecliogeek
Default Combat Window Issues

Recently downloaded your combat window to my UI that I use and noticed that I can't click OFF a discipline once it is started. I never need Stonewall Discipline as long as it lasts and have always just clicked it off when I am out of combat. But I did notice that I can't do it by clicking on the little icon like I can with the default and my combat window from my UI I use. Is this easly fixed?
thecliogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #194
yagrxx
A Fire Beetle

Server: Antonius Bayle
Default click off discs

Yep.. noticed the same and tried to download latest version but seems to be still there.

Otherwise a very nice set of mods )
yagrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #195
pyroman81
A Bat

Default Having difficulty installing

I'm returning to EQ after 4 years. I love the look of this UI and think it will work very well for me. I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to work though. Here is what I am doing:

1. unzipping the Modular UI v1.1 and putting it into the everquest ui folder (there are no spaces in the name myxiplx_modular_UI_v1.1 and no subfolders)
2. copying the 5 INI files into the everquest folder (caster, hybrid, melee, minimalist, pet). I'm not changing the names of those files at all.
3. opening up the pet layout folder and copying the 4 xml files and 1 ini file into the myxiplx_modular_UI_v1.1 folder.
4. downloading the patched EQUI_EQMainWnd.xml file and putting that into the myxiplx_modular_UI_v1.1 folder.
5. loading EQ and logging onto my mule
6. typing /loadskin and deselecting "keep your layout" and selecting myxiplx_modular_UI_v1.1- after this the windows all turn into your interface pieces but are all jumbled and misplaced
7. then typing /copylayout and selecting UI_Myxiplx_Modular_Pet.ini (I've tried both the 1280x960 and windowed)- after this all windows go back to the default interface pieces and are all jumbled and misplaced. When I do the windowed version it has the black area at the bottom and the pieces are laid out more closely to where they are supposed to be, but the bottom of the screen is still pretty misplaced. The top bar and left buffs are placed perfectly.
8. I've tried then retyping /loadskin and selecting "keep your layout" and then selecting the myxiplx_modular_UI_v1.1 but it just goes back to the jumbled, misplaced myxiplx interface pieces.

So, any suggestions on how to get the layout to work so it is exactly like yours (if it is possible). I'm running on 1280x1024. I'm piecing the bottom windows together to get it working so it isn't a huge deal, just would be nice.

I have one final question: I like this UI so much and most of my characters are pet classes, but I want to also use this for my pure caster and melee. How can I set it up so that the different characters have different layout versions of your UI? I didn't think I could use the same UI folder because the files in the different layout styles would overwrite each other. Is it as simple as making 5 different folders in the ui folder or is there different naming that has to occur since all the ini files are the same.

I don't know if that all made sense or not. My fiance usually helps me with this but he has been busy so I'm trying to figure this out on my own.

Thanks much!
pyroman81 is offline   Reply With Quote