Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
seaxouri
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default OLD: Patches for Quartz 1.9

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

As of PoR, this information is OUTDATED .
Please look for the for new updates Quartz that are PoR friendly.

Thanks.
-Seaxouri
============================

Since the DoD expansion, Quartz users did not have the ability to use the four new HotBars, or to save/load hotbar settings. Also, since inception, there have been only 6 worn items available for quick clicking, even though there are 18 to select from (excluding the 4 in-hand items).

I used the vanilla downloads, so if you have done any other mods, I would not suggest trying this unless you know how to get things back working again if something goes wrong.

Installation
1) Get version 1.9 from eqinterface.com and extract it to a new folder called uifiles/quartz_v1.9. Note that the zip file will extract files to a directory called 'Quartz', so you can use that if you want, or rename it to quartz_v1.9 like I suggested. If you already have a folder called 'Quartz', rename it to 'Quartz.old' or something so you have your old files around.
2) Get 'patch1', from onyx-dragon.com, which was provided by DarkSir23 on 10/27/05, and extract it on top of the new folder. Say 'yes' to overwrite any files.
3) Get 'patch2', from eqinterface.com , which was provided by Seaxouri on 1/18/06, and extract it on top of the new folder. Say 'yes' to overwrite any files.
4) Start EQ and type '/loadskin quartz_v1.9' (or whatever folder name you chose in #1 above).

Changes
- Added HotBar2 so it loks like HotBar1. However, I added the words 'HotBar 1' and 'HotBar 2' in green at the top of each.
- Added the 'Save/Load' buttons to each HotBar. For anyone with a longer title, the title may overlap the button, however it still works fine.
- Created new 'mini' hotbars for HotBar3 and HotBar4. I didn't feel like altering the basic flow of the UI, and I realized that there is nowhere to place four large HotBars into the current UI. I decided to make a custom mini-hotbar which will fit nicely in some nooks and crannies along the edges if you decide you want to use them (they come in handy for MMs).
- The worn item quick clickies have been upgraded from 6 items to 16 items. The only worn items not available are the Charm and Neck slots. However, if you would like to enable those slots instead of one of the 16 I select, you can change the 'EQType' to select the slot choices best suited to you. I put some comments in the EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml file (search for 'Clickies').

Last edited by seaxouri : 02-22-2006 at 02:39 PM.