Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Priest
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2003, 08:06 AM   #1
Iigg
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default ShamanUI

Ok, this is no way an original, however it's not a downloadable UI either. This UI was created using the following individuals work and/or ideas: CenthenaUI, Anatis, Ghesta, Yasoldat, Kel, Kilamon, Kuvasie, Trallos Drachen, Sabrine, eqvalgrim, and TK and Remelio.
That being said here's alook at it. Please tell me what ya think. I was going for practicality, looks and ease of use. As a Shaman I really don't have much use for bard spells, they're on-off-on-off.....etc. I can't stand the constant changes in my veiwing area. So while I did include one in the UI, it is not pictured for that reason.
Centhenaui is the base model for almost 90% of the pop-up items ie. map/guild/journal except for the spellbook which is TKDraconis. Icons are nice for me a little more vibrant colors than the standard ones.
One important note, the windows and bars pictured are not what is depicted in the Downloads pages, I have the texures turned off on almost all of them for cobat effectivness. Inventory page (also not seen) is TKdraconis as well with Anatis' shaman pic in Autoequip area.
Now be rude, crude or mean, but please be honest. this was my 1st attempt at anything UI related. Even being a Mix-and-Match this took 3 days to assemble/sort and work through the bugs in compatiblitly. My hat goes off to those of you who are brave enuff to do this for months and months. If this UI bug stays in my system, I might just have to learn how to do this myself. Thank you and I hope with enough positive feedback I'll probably include which files were used as I could't upload it anyway 9megs+.

http://geyeantkyller.50megs.com/EQi...ShamanUI_v1.JPG
Iigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
foad
A Gray Wolf

I like the UI as a whole, not something I would personally use however it is a little to “showy” for my tastes. The pros and cons as I see them are listed bellow coming from a cleric perspective.

Pros:
Nice transparent windows
Health bubbles, I like health bubbles
Most Items out of the way
Health persentatges with group window
Nice Icons for spells
Nice large target meter

Cons
Location of pet window would drive me nuts (note I know I could move it )
More information then I like to see on my main screen (stats etc, I really don’t need to know all the time what my stats are)
Player health not included in group
Hot keys in center of the screen instead of health and/or targeting information

-Carni
foad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
Iigg
A Treant

Yah i know it's a tad showy, but it has mostly to do with compatabilty. I also don't need my stats there either but.....i really dilike big boxy things plus there was some transperancy issues with others.
Pet widow again same as above, also most pet classe players I know like to be responsible pet owners, as do the ppl they grp with. With it right up front ther's NO excuse fer not having control over Scooby.
As a cleric i applaud and understand the need for DIF (downinfront) health, but as a shammy more oft than not, I stand Slow/debuff/sic fido and sit.
Player health is included in grp ya just can't see cause i wernt grp'd lol i'll try and remedy that with another pic sorry.
Thanks for the input, I'm just learn how to MixandMatch this stuff and getting a slow grasp of the workings, so i'm looking to hear all so I can improve my ideas to a workable and hopefully Useable UI. Keep 'em coming. I'll try to occomadate as many ppl with reworks as I can till it has that OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH....... feel to it.

Ooops...I see uhm no your health isn't in grp win cause i thought that would be redundant since yer health is on screen already.

Last edited by Iigg : 08-08-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Iigg is offline   Reply With Quote