Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Priest
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2003, 01:31 AM   #1
foad
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Cool Cleric UI I have been working on If intrested I will post files

The first link is to a screen shot of the ui clean no explanations just showing what you see when you have it loaded.

www.mcs3.net/carni/ui_clean.jpg

This link is to the same ui but has explanations for the items that maybe unclear just by looking at them.

www.mcs3.net/carni/ui_with_expln.jpg

Please let me know if you have any input on this at all. This ui is defenatly caster centric and very minimalist. I wanted to free up as much space on the screen as I could while keeping every thing handy and easy to read.

-Carni
foad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 02:56 AM   #2
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule
Smile Very Nice !

Nice UI.

I really like the lack of title boxes to every window. Very clean looking and nice functionality.

One possible change though that the jpg's made quite evident...a cleric usually has several spells loaded with the same spell icon. This means he/she has to either remember where the spell is or hit the control key to get the spell name to pop up. Maybe a set of spell buttons along the bottom of the screen with the spell name written out? Just a suggestion for increasing the ability of the cleric to send me a heal as quickly as possible. And those spell icons look soooo small. (Please, I don't wanna die. Please for the love of Tunare.)

Again, nice work. When ready, give us the files and let us play with this gem =)

Thanks for your inspiration and hard work.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:43 AM   #3
foad
A Gray Wolf

I never even thought of that as I never hit my spell icons for heals I have my hot keys all setup. The only time I have tag my spell gems is for gate or other odd ball spells.

I can easly make a new one that has the mod that you request, or alternatively. This whole thing has been done modularly. So any part of it can be ripped out and replaced. This mod is a massive hack to vert, the minimap mod, and several other mods that I have modified to meet my needs as such, I have made as many of the windows independent of each other as possible.

The only part I need to finish before I post the files is I need to make some changes to the group window so it no longer gives that annoying "your xml is not compatible error" It really shouldn’t take that long, I am hoping to have it done this weekend if possible. I just wanted to post the jpgs to see if there was any interest before taking the time as I don’t care about the little message myself

-Carni

PS as another note, the following windows I have turned off at all times..

Player window
Target window
(as both of these are handled by the custom group window)

Compass window (as the arrow for the mini map does this)
Select Window
Pet window (have invisible pet window, I really don’t care about the name of my hammer)

Last edited by foad : 07-20-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:54 PM   #4
blackletter
A Bat

I really like how you've cleaned up the screen. I like everything close and completly out of the way at the same time just like you. Which makes it difficult to figure out what you want. As a cleric, I noticed that I normally am staring at the group health and my mana. A suggestion might be to see if you can make them bigger and more centered to be easier on the eyes yet not obscuring the view. Just a little input. Once again, well done.

-Hep
blackletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #5
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal

Wow... I didn't know you could remove the window titles 'n stuff. That's pretty neat. I have been using the /viewport command to reduce the size of my view to keep all my vert windows out on the sides (out of the way).. this looks like it might be a good alternative solution.

Release it soon, I wanna try it!
(my 2 mains are a rogue and druid)

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Jentraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:27 PM   #6
Shenandoah
A Fire Beetle

Default pieces

I am a minimalist fan and I really like some of the stuff you have here...in particular I like your group window and the lack of borders on your windows...one comment on the group window is maybe move the colorchanging dots over to be on top of the percentages to the right instead of the first bar of health on the left...

one area i am not clear is that i think it appears that your target window is incorporated into your group window or is this a different window...from your comments it seems that your custom group window incoporates it though...

...if the group window is separate could you tell me how to extract your group window from your ui files and plug it into my ui...sorry i am so inept i am just getting into my ui and am excited to incorporate some of your ideas into my ui...

Last edited by Shenandoah : 08-07-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Shenandoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:29 AM   #7
foad
A Gray Wolf

This UI has now been released information is as below.

This is a very minimalist UI. Mostly designed for clerics however most casters and others will find use in it. The link below explains most of the interface that is not readily apparent. NOTE: This is a very heavily moded Vert interface with a splash of Remmy group window (the green balls). Minimap mod and horizontal hot keys mod. All of these mods have been changed significantly. Art work is of course by TKing.

Clean preview
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2350

Preview with explanations
http://www.mcs3.net/carni/ui_with_expln.jpg

Download mod

Link to mod directly

-Carni

To answer your question the target window is now part of the group window. I have my target and player windows turned off as it is all handeled by the group window.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:49 PM   #8
foad
A Gray Wolf

Updated file to strip out old mods no longer in use and files not needed for the interface also removed target. player window as they are not used by the interface.

-Carni