User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Did Hell Freeze Over?

For the first time in a long time. It seems that SOE has finally acknowledged what many players have been saying. Now lets watch how they follow through on this.

Quote:
Posted today on EQLive: Letter from John Smedley

Hello Norrath!

I wanted to announce that we've decided to push Omens of War back to Late August in order to give the EQ team time to respond to important issues that the EverQuest community is raising (specifically including the issues with Gates of Discord). We've heard some concerns from within the community that we feel are important enough to push back our next expansion and spend time fixing the problems you have brought to our attention. At the end of the day, we work for you and it's important for us to demonstrate that we both understand and appreciate that. We're also inviting many members of the community to join us here at SOE for a day to have a direct dialog with the development team about issues that are important to the EverQuest community as a whole. We've already sent out the invitations and are making all the arrangements. In addition, our EQ community managers will be coming up with a list of issues raised on the message boards so that we can come back to you with a specific list of things we're going to address.

I'm sorry if you feel we haven't been listening and reacting appropriately. We do our best to balance all of the needs and concerns you raise along with expanding Norrath and giving you new and wonderful things to do in EverQuest, but we do make mistakes. We've heard you loud and clear.

We have many things planned for EverQuest over the upcoming years, and our goal is to keep you happily playing EverQuest for a long time to come. The best way for us to do that is by first and foremost is by listening to you.

John Smedley
President, Sony Online Entertainment

- Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Fragment
A Snow Griffin

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Fragment Send a message via Yahoo to Fragment

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I cant believe this I never thought Sony would do somthing right. Well GO SOE. Question is will they fix all the bad probs or just GoD???

Frag out...
<Risen From The Ashes>
Fragment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:32 AM   #3
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Bastards! I want OoW sooner rather than later. I am very unhappy with this announcement.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:17 AM   #4
toptek123
A Gray Wolf

Server: drizzil ro
Default WTG

wtg sony !!
toptek123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #5
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek
Thumbs up

Finaly!
Looks like SOE is on the right track. NOW Let's see if they back up WHAT they say......

I wonder how much the E2 convention had to do with this
Old 05-27-2004, 08:11 AM   #6
Fragment
A Snow Griffin

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Fragment Send a message via Yahoo to Fragment

Im gonna go with E3 had a holy a$$ load to do with this, and if you spoke up WTG you WUWU.

Frag out...
<Risen From The Ashes>
Fragment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 AM   #7
anzak
A Gray Wolf

This is both good and bad.

It is good in that it shows Sony is listening (sometimes) and that there are issues that need to be fixed before they more onto a new project.

It is bad in that for people who have been 65 for a while and have done most everything well there is not much new to do. The increased level cap and the new zones would be a plus to these people. That and the increased level cap is really needed to help push guild through PoP and on to new content. How old is PoP and yet the zones still have the most contested content in the game. As a person who wants to see as much of the game as I can I welcome the chance to get people moving through PoP and on to other things rather than sitting in PoP locking content from smaller guilds.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by anzak
How old is PoP and yet the zones still have the most contested content in the game.

I am seeing this same thing said about SOL end-mobs (Emp, Vex Thal) which is over 3 years old.

At Fan Faire someone asked if VT was going to be redone to remove the key requirement and the panel said a big "no".

I have suggested to more than one SOE person that they after 2 years they should add in some "guild level" quest that would back-flag people if the guild was willing to do it.. here is how it could work.

You talk to a specific quest guy..
Your guild gimps you in, and you fight a Tier 2 Boss (any)
You go back to the quest guy and he flags you for Tier 1 zones, BUT you dont get the bonus AAs

Repeat for by killing a Tier 3 boss, to flag Tier 2 (but only if you have done the Tier 1 quest). This would remove the bottle neck on the CONSTANT flagging that I still see people complaining about. and allow guilds to move on to Discord and other expansions.

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
anzak
A Gray Wolf

Another Option that I would like to see is rather than remove the flag/key requirements revamp the zones into instanced zones where your raid leader could talk to a mob at the zone in to allow your raid to move into the instance to go for flag or key as needed. Set a one week timer for people to redo the zone to keep from getting flooded. This way not much changes other than you can get to the content when you and your guild have time to do it. This would be a huge improvement. I mean I know my guild can take down most of the teir 1 bosses but we almost never get the chance because it takes a lot of time to get everyone there and organized and often a larger guild will come in and have the boss down before we even know it is up. Though I do like your idea as well.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:19 PM   #10
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

lol after 5 years, now they hear us.. ??????
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #11
Wylari
A Hill Giant

I hope that they are truly going to correct the problems, that they will give EQ a more stable environment and that there will be more content to the current EQ universe. I am tired of expansion after expansion with new problems and the old problems are not fixed.

I have a level 65 and don't give a squat about level 70. I have several alts put some life back into the EQ universe, revamp zones, add mobs, treasure, quests if you want me not to lose interest and to continue playing.

I don't care about tier 1 or 2 or 3, I don't have the time to play, my RL dictates my EQ time. Give me more quality EQ time, give me the chance to experience zones that fit my EQ playtime. I'd love to be a hard core gamer to spend hours playing but I can't. Don't take away anything for those who can play long periods at a stretch, give me some content for my playtime.

LDoN was a great start but now it's all I can do to go into an adventure, same mobs, same dungeon much appreciated attempt, yet. Why not add content to the LDoN's, make more dungeons that can be instanced? Put an LDoN in West Commons or the Karana's, make a city adventure LDoN.

Ok my 2 cents worth.

Wylari
Wylari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #12
Gothica420
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Gothica420 Send a message via AIM to Gothica420

How about doing something with Kunark, as opposed to ignoring it? An LDoN camp in LOIO would work, and retooling Veeshan's Peak (like they've been claiming to want to do for 2 years) would work as well.

Finally, how about GIVING THE IKSAR BACK THEIR ITEMS? By this, I mean the travesty that is Greenmist, SkyIron Cudgel of the Ancients, etc. They took away the one thing that made Iksar truly unique and gave it to other races, all because of a handful of Fires of Heaven whiners and their associated suckups across other servers. I've been railing on this point for 2 years, even did it at E3, and all I got was "we'll look into it". Like hell they will...

(edit: typos)
Gothica420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #13
BigDawgKris
A Hill Giant

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to BigDawgKris Send a message via AIM to BigDawgKris

Quote:
We're also inviting many members of the community to join us here at SOE for a day to have a direct dialog with the development team about issues that are important to the EverQuest community as a whole. We've already sent out the invitations and are making all the arrangements.

So is someone from the EQInterface team going to San Diego?
BigDawgKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 AM   #14
Mogur
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Lanys T'Vyl

I'm more interested in them fixing game play issues than any content wishes people have. Like fixing the crash probs people are having (thankfully not me), being able to move in PoK without constant freezes and lag, being able to run through PoT without doing the "stutter step", getting more than 8 FPS in any PoP or GoD zone, and is that "fog" in some zones supposed to be there???
Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote