Password

Old 09-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default EgrasUI 9.0 (TSS Compliant)

EgrasUI (EQ User Interface) 9.0
Compliant with "The Serpent Spine" Expansion

EgrasUI has been a project of mine for several years. There have been over 3500 downloads of it from various sites. With the release of "The Serpents Spine" there were many changes that were required. With those changes and a bunch more by me, the UI got a version change. Below you will find everything you need to know about the UI and how to get it. Some of the features of EgrasUI are:

You will find alot of odd and different ideas in my UI.
  • COMPLETE revamp of the Player Window
  • Completely stackable windows to conserve screen space
  • Buffs and Songs in a format like no other
  • Super Bank with tabs for viewing bag contents six bags at a time
  • Compressed user friendly intentory
  • Redesigned spell graphics (no lame gems)
  • TWENTY in-game customizable clicky slots
  • The EQ button is a clicky bar of your gear
  • The group tab on the hotbutton window has HUGE bars for boxing
  • Single tab access to all inventory container slots
  • THE NEW CON-COLOR-CHANGING TARGET CROSSHAIR
  • No different files or setups from melee to caster
  • and more.....
Its layout is for high resolution settings and based off of previous versions of EgrasUI and my preferences. EgrasUI is completely TSS compliant. Any issues or ideas, please let me know. Most the UI as it is now was based off suggestions from users and fellow EQ players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EgrasUI 90. Download:
You dont have to scroll down to see the changes from 8.0 to 9.0 if your already happy with my work and have purchased the TSS expansion. Its pretty much a requirement if your going to use my UIs. Im not updating EgrasUI 8.0 to be compliant with TSS.

The most current EgrasUI 9.0 file can be found by clicking here now.

I removed all of the common files not custom in EgrasUI to reduce the zip file size. You can download them by clicking here now.

Installation Instructions:
Make a copy of your default UI and rename it to anything. This name cannot have any spaces. Download the zip file to your system. Extract the files in the zip to the folder renamed default folder you made. Go in game and load the UI using the button on the main tab of your options window.

Resolving Issues:
The number of changes by Sony and the new changes by me were extensive enough for me to up the version. This helps me assist the users, so if your having issues with an EgrasUI, ensure you give me the proper version, window and a decent description of the problem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-Game Screenshot of my Layout:
The windows can be stacked and split to make them fit to your preferences, but this is how mine look. Click the image to see it full screen.

Hotbutton Window 1:
This is the window I use for just about everything. Gives the user a compressed view of everything you want to know, click or view on one small area of your screen. The tabs are new to 9.0.

Tab one you can see has the new Corruption statistic on it. I also removed the guages for AA and XP as they took up too much room. I have reduced them to a % digit.

Tab two is your four left bags in the inventory and the slots within them. No opening of each bag is required. See the contents of all four slots/bags on one little screen. This is NOT a cheat to get more bag slots. If you dont have a 10-slot, you wont be able to use all ten slots you see on the tab.

Tab three is the same as tab two, but of the slots/bags for the right 4 slots on your inventory. This is NOT a cheat to get more bag slots. If you dont have a 10-slot, you wont be able to use all ten slots you see on the tab.

Tab four is the previous EgrasUI group window. Has the huge guages for the group health bars and pets.

Hotbutton Windows 2-3 (aka Style A):
The default for EgrasUI is what you see below for HB 2 and 3. The top two rows of these windows are the right top inventory slot and the one just below it. The bottom rows are hotbuttons. All you have to do is place the corresponding slots under each container slot. This makes it to where you can grab items from your bags, move them to the bottom row, quickly click them and return them back to the slot.

Hotbutton Windows 4 (aka Style B):
The default for EgrasUI is what you see below for HB 4. I will be offering the other variations as before when I get the main coding completed.

Hotbutton Windows 2-4 Alternate Configurations:
Configuration Style A/A/B: Hotbutton 2 (Style A), HotButton 3 (Style A) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B)
Configuration Style A/B/B: Hotbutton 2 (Style A), HotButton 3 (Style B) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B)
Configuration Style B/B/B: Hotbutton 2 (Style B), HotButton 3 (Style B) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B)

Player Window:
This window got a couple new features. The out of combat features added by Sony and I decided to add a "no target" graphic. Below I have taken a shot of each way the window will look.

First Image: No Target, Standing
Second Image: NPC on Target, Standing
Third Image: Attacking NPC, Standing
Forth Image: No Target, OOC Timer Running
Fifth Image: Corpse on Target, OOC Timer Running
Sixth Image: NPC on Target, OOC Timer Running

Big Bank (aka Super Bank):
The shot says it all. You can view your main bank screen or you can click a tab and view the content of six bags at a time. No more opening bags to find that item you can't remember where you put. Each page has the titles you see on the shot above the row of bag content slots. This is NOT a cheat to get more bag slots. If you dont have a 10-slot, you wont be able to use all ten slots you see on the tab.

Here is the file to put it back to the old way: Original EgrasUI BigBank Window

EQ Main Window:
The EQ button was a waste of window in my opinion, so I added the inventory slots to it. They seem very small and hard to see, but in no time your used to looking at them and clicking gear like a champion.

Target Window:
Since I changed the player window to show my target and the targets target, I had nothing functional I needed in this window, but the con of a target. I had to figure out how to show that an nothing else. I made a crosshair and embedded it into the code. The result is a small corsshair I place in the center of my screen that changes colors to the con of a target.

You will notice below there are now seven cons, not six as before. Sony added the gray con for trivial targets and shifted the rest. Keep this in mind when your touring the game.

Actions Window:
This window just wouldnt fit the UI way back, so I made it wider to fit my format. Its not a new window. I just put it here to show there is nothing that cannot be done with a UI fomat if you need it done.

Music Player Window (aka Timer Mod):
This window is a fully functional music player with some changes to the layout. The difference is that it can also be used as a timer for AEs, spawns or anything else you want to time. The only compnent you need is the following timer mp3 files. They have voice added in for the 10-second and end time to make it easier to notice.

Download one or all of the following: 1.0 Minute, 1.5 Minute, 2.0 Minute, 2.5 Minute, 3.0 Minute, 3.5 Minute, 4.0 Minute, 4.5 Minute, 5.0 Minute, 8.0 Minute, 19.0 Minute, 28.0 Minute, 36.0 Minute, and 60 Minute

Combat Ability Window:
This window is what the melee see. Its their version of the Cast Spell Window. Its not a new mod for EgrasUI, but needed to post s snapshot to make the melee happy I included them. I duck so many of their heals, that they need to be coddled some.

Click here to View a Snapshot

Inventory:
The same window from previous versions. Just a core window to this UI and I wanted to show a snapshot of it.

Cast Spell Window:
This window didnt change in 9.0, but as you can see it really doesnt need much change. The custom gem slots were a bit rough to create, but I feel they do the job MUCH nicer than the default ones.

You see the mana, mana gauge and mana percent on the screen? I did that so pure melee arent bothered with mana. They cannot see this window and it makes EgrasUI function for caster AND melee without a seperate version being required.

Spell Book:
This window just had too much pretty stuff and took up too much space. I couldnt see around it when I needed to get to a spell. Took all of the extra pretty stuff out and compressed the size for ease of use.

Map Window:
Another one of those huge windows that ate up WAY too much screen space when in use. Alot of custom graphics and resizing, but I think it turned out alot smaller and more useful in the end. The group button was added recently to view the location of your fellow adventurers of course.

Options Window:
This window is was too busy and made certain options difficult to find. I added color catagories to it and it seemed to help me find things easier. All the tabs got the same make-over. Just dont think you want to scroll for days viewing each of them.

Enjoy the UI and let me know of any issues with my UI. Also send any requests if you have them. They are what I build this UI off of.

Egras An'Shar of Zek

Last edited by Egras : 09-19-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Osimillarion
A Ghoul

Default Questions / Comments

HI Egras,

Did not see a way to contact you from your site so am hoping you check here.

I am in need of a minimalist UI as most of the authors of the UI piece's I use (most all of them) are not supported anymore. Your new look with everything top and bottom is how I prefer things and want to try it out - have a few questions etc. and forgive and stupid Q's as I have never used your UI before.

What screen size do you use?

The selector window you have spread out across the top - I use the mini selector window in top left with the latency bar on top, link here: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3913 As you have the latency bar in top left and this is how I normally use this, maybe you would want to modify this so would stack vertically (same size as latency bar with buttons below) or it may work fine as is now?

Is there a way to get rid of the cross hair you have built in? Big props on building it but I don't like things in middle of my screen. Might get used to it after using but would want to know way to able/disable in case needed.

I am hoping the ying-yang 3D target rings get updated with TSS con color versions but liek your MA version very much. On your site I see you wonderfully created 3D target rings with your guilds name in them. Is there a version without your guild's name? Is there a way to use just the MA ring you have?

Spell book how you have it now is there a way to minimalize it further to show only 1 page instead of 2? Maybe also have a button incorporated into it to goto spell book page #? (possibly click and pop up box to enter page numer then click ok or some such likly mechanism - sure you can create hotbuttons along bottom for each page as the "open spellbook to page #" is an EQ command.

Your player window with hott incorporated (I use a verion of just this same thing now) the color for health is this set for different aspects? I.e. red is 20% when something will run? If so can you add in purple for 10% i.e. enrage also? If not can you set this up for 20% / 10% / anythign else you can thnk of.

The player window additions for TSS features looks wonderful but does it calculate correctly for a 5min raid timer also?

The group tab of hotbutton 1: Could you show a pic of this please as wella s answer these Q's, most of the Q's I asking here would probably be answered if a pic was shown directly.
-Is this the group window? So would be shown/not shown if you turned the group window on/off.
-The group tab (can't see it in pics here so asking) does it still show your XP/AA XP etc still? When in group it is always nice to still see XP bars - well it is nice to see them at all times.
-Can you click on someone's name to target them? (the group version I use now allows you to still do this as is: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3757 )

Can you please send or post your ini file's UI settings etc. so can get the layout you have listed here easily.

Thanx and appreciation for your great work and look forward to trying this UI out with TSS.

Edit: Tried editing some spelling errors as I stink at typing, hope I got most of them.
Osimillarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Mirion
A Treant

Server: Terris-Thule

Any chance of getting an update to the Littlehawkf hotbutton window request from v8.0 (2nd hotbutton window is vertical)?

<Int Officer of Loyal Rebellion>
Necromancer of Prexus Thule.
Mirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
dpawson
A Ghoul

Default A few other possible TSS issues

Thanks for the quick action - you got this up before I even got around to coming to check. It looks like you got a few of the big concerns I had as I read about the release, but there was another I'd mention in case it is not yet accounted for:

- I saw reports that we get a free buff slot at 72, and another at 75. The buff window will likely need to be expanded to support those, yes?

That also reminds me I never did see a posted version of the buff window that fixed the problems with buff slot 21 (not showing timer on mouse over, being unclickable). I'm guessing those fixes are present in 9.0?

Thanks again...
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
Pressto
A Bat

Unhappy

The download link is not working at this time.
Pressto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
LaGrange
A Bat

Default cant get 9.0

When trying to download the UI using your links up top, I was not able to get the new files, only the older, unmodified ones...

Just a heads up...

and thank you

Mezmoar, 70ench on Erollisi Marr
LaGrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
Lendnil
A Bat

Default download link does not work

in addition to the dead link mentioned above, i also went direct to your website and saw no mention of 9.0 being available.

Last edited by Lendnil : 09-19-2006 at 03:21 PM. Reason: add info
Lendnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
Xiff
A Bat

yeah the original poster made a slight error on the download url... however its able to be corrected since I was able to download this last night...

However, the actual link should be
Actual Link

(simply had the wrong date for file name, switched it from 16th to 17th(the day of the original posting) and it had worked)
Xiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
Rasshaiz
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to Rasshaiz

or you can click on his signature lol
Old 09-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
gynsu666
A Treant

Server: 46
Default Downloadable?

Heya,

\nice UI

Last edited by gynsu666 : 09-19-2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: dummy correction
gynsu666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #11
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osimillarion
What screen size do you use?
1280x1024

Quote:
Maybe you would want to modify this so would stack vertically or it may work fine as is now?
That window is the default from way back. Have not even considered changing it. I guess I could tear it apart and make it into EgrasUI graphics and layout formats. Stay tuned LOL

Quote:
Is there a way to get rid of the cross hair you have built in?
Toggle off the Target Window. Thats all it is.

Quote:
Is there a version without your guild's name?
Guess there will be very soon. I need to work the bugs out of this update first.

Quote:
Spell book how you have it now is there a way to minimalize it further to show only 1 page instead of 2?
Nah. I more of less removed the graphics and compressed it. Cant really change the pages.

Quote:
Your player window with hott incorporated... If so can you add in purple for 10% i.e. enrage also?
Its really just bards that are shorter and stacked. Its possible, but I will have to put it pretty low on the mods list for now. Lots on my plate for TSS.

Quote:
Is this the group window?
Nope. Copy of it. The group window in EgrasUI is very similar to this tab. Difference is that you can delete the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml to get the default bcak and not hurt EgrasUI.

Quote:
The group tab does it still show your XP/AA XP etc still?
Nope, sorry. Lot of stuff in a little space

Quote:
Can you click on someone's name to target them?
Sure

Quote:
Can you please send or post your ini file's UI settings etc. so can get the layout you have listed here easily.
Aye. I will post it when I have it all layed out and all the issues repaired.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirion
Any chance of getting an update to the Littlehawkf hotbutton window request from v8.0 (2nd hotbutton window is vertical)?
Yeah. Once problems with this release are done, I will rework the previous mods.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #13
Egras
A Lost Soul

Link was to a working TSS release, but an emergency patch was done and I had a brain fart and forgot to change the link

The most current EgrasUI 9.0 file can be found by clicking here now.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:12 AM   #14
shadow46x2
A Fire Beetle

Default problem with hotbutton window 1

the main, bags 1-4, group tabs work great, but i'm having a problem with bags 5-8...

when i click on it, the side bags change properly, but the 5X2 displays don't change for the contents...

any ideas?

--j
shadow46x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:05 AM   #15
Osimillarion
A Ghoul

Yep bags 5-8 tab on Hotbar 1 are showing contents of bags 1-4.

Friends window is messed up also. Showing as a trimmed down old bank style window.

The player window does not show sitting/standing or targets. Adding con color to target's name would be nice also.
Osimillarion is offline   Reply With Quote