Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-05-2003, 07:02 PM   #16
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairenn
The container window is a p.i.t.a. to mod, becuase it has to be scalable to fit anything from a two-slot coin purse to a 10-slot giant bag, and everything in between. It has its own rules that take some getting used to. The best way to deal with it is to just play around with it until it does what you want it to.

Oy, you weren't kidding! Container seems to be being VERY obnoxious to me. The laws of math don't seem to apply to any of the dimensions or offsets, at least not any math I have ever studied. Who knew that when you wanted a window to appear 64 pixels wide, you had to set it to 52?

What I am working with is the code for the StayPut modified container window. What I want is basically that same window, only smaller. I've got the slots set to 32x32 right now...I might even go down to 28x28. I want to make the icon and title smaller, and swap it around so that the combine button is up top instead of on the bottom, and the done button is on bottom instead of up top (ala Remelio's container.)

Left column of slots was easy...they are all on the grid system. Right column was a bit tougher, as they were using offsets, but I got it working. I could find absolutely no way to position these using X and Y coordinates that wouldn't make the window size show up as 80-wide no matter what it was supposed to be. As it is, I have to set the window size to 52-wide in order to make it line the columns up next to each other with no gap in between. So...32+32=52. Ooooh-kay then. Somewhere out there, my second grade math teacher is spinning in her grave.

Everything up top looks ok except for the fact that whatever it was about the StayPut mod that made it STAY PUT has gone buh-bye when I started messing with it, and it is now freely moveable.

Then we come to the "done" button at the bottom. *sigh*

When I position it using offsets and get it looking right in SidlWidl, it disappears when loaded in the game. No DONE button whatsoever, only an empty space (of the exact correct size, even) where the Done button SHOULD be. When I set Auto-Stretch to False and position the button using X and Y coordinates, instead, I get what you see in the attached picture...button is off-center and too small (it is supposed to be 64x32) and there is a lot of excess blank window space below it.

Right now I am at that hair-pulling point where I am *this* close. Anyone wanna give me a nudge in the right direction and tell me what I am doing wrong? Attached is a bitmap of what I have and the xml I used to get there.

Rykahna
Attached Files
File Type: zip container pic and xml.zip (28.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Rykahna : 11-05-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Rykahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:05 PM   #17
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Is the width and length of the container window coded into another file, such as the UI_Client.INI file? For the life of me, I can't get the game to make a bag smaller than a certain width and length, no matter how I tweak the code. I assume this has to do with the scaleability issue...I am just not yet quite clear on how.

Rykahna
Rykahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:41 AM   #18
Zarmie
A Ghoul

Server: ECI
Send a message via AIM to Zarmie
Default loot window

Not sure if you've fixed your loot window issue or not..

I had the same problem. I found out the loot window width is still controled in the UI_name_server.ini file.. under [LootWnd] header. Look for width and adjust your value there...

If that doesn't fix it.. you got me.. i'm still trying to reshape all my ui mod's I've downloaded into TGA's I'm makeing to look like the Quartz ui.. Quartz is great, but alot has changed in what we can do with the xml now..

so far i have color changeing group window, the new target window, target ring, pet window.. lots of great stuff.. just moving things around and putting it to new graphics sucks.. too much time.. lol.

anyway, ta-ta for now..

Sage Manatoya [65 Phantasmist] <Cote en Noir> (Leader)
Venerable Pleinjour En'Avant [62 Hierophant] <Cote en Noir>
Zarmie is offline   Reply With Quote