Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
moriza
A Fire Beetle

Default HELP please. Confirmation boxes broken

Last night after triggering the 8th coldain ring war and killing the chief, I sadly discovered that my confirmation box was broken. I was unable to loot no drop head, because confirmation box came up with no Yes/No buttons. It was also missing minimize/title/close in the title bar.

This is happening using default UI, with freshly repatch /default files.

Any suggestions... kinda makes raiding/questing a bad thing to do if I am unable to loot no drop items. Less important, but equally annoying I am unable to drop/destroy items due to the same bug, unless I turn on fast drop/destroy.

Thanks in advance,
Sensei Moriza
Brell
moriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1. temporary fix... there is a fast loot also.. (like fast drop/destroy)

2. if this is happening in the DEFAULT UI, there isnt anything I know to suggest. search on SOE's tech forum and see if they have posted anything about it. nothing we could suggest would change the default UI, it repatches evertime.

3. might try using a FULL UI, and see if you get the same issue.

Good Luck..

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #3
Sarsippius
A Snow Cougar

I have recieved numerous complaints about this same thing through my board and emails and can assure you that this is a serverside bug of Sony's. The fact that it is only affecting a small amount of people makes me believe its some common denominator between those affected's hardware. Make sure you /report this bug to Sony in game as they are the only one who can fix it and wont until they are aware of it.

-Sars
Sarsippius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #4
catterly
A Gray Wolf

I am having the same problem, thing is its only on my main. All my other toons have the confirmation buttons, its really making me rage atm.

Catterly
catterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:05 AM   #5
numdayen
A Fire Beetle

Server: eci

Quote:
Originally posted by catterly
I am having the same problem, thing is its only on my main. All my other toons have the confirmation buttons, its really making me rage atm.

Catterly

same problem here with my main but i could accept resses

I was told to reinstall and i did and now i can't reload any UI skins that i like
numdayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:53 AM   #6
Elyias Steefang
A Gray Wolf

Same exact thing happened to me. Even looked at the xml code in my default UI compared to my brother in laws. Nothing was different. Ended up taking a complete reinstall to fix it.
Elyias Steefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #7
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

The trouble may be in one of your .ini files. I think it is related to the No Drop Conformation toggle setting (Always/Only if can use/Never).

Try renameing your <charactername>_<servername>.ini and your eqclient.ini files and see if that solves it.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #8
Jaazek
A Fire Beetle

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Same thing happens to me every once and awhile. What I do is just reload my UI using the ini files to keep all my window settings. Works everytime so far for me.

I use SARS4, Drakah Integrated Steel, and the Drakah SWG skins.
Jaazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:04 AM   #9
catterly
A Gray Wolf

I deleted everything that had to do with catterly, this was suggested here on another thread:

Delete eqmain.dll
Delete eqgame.exe
Delete eqgfx_dx8.dll
Repatch Full File Check.

In some cases, you need to go further.
Delete *.OPT.
Delete EQClient.ini
(you'll need to reset a lot of options after this one, but has led to a fix many times.)

I did all that, and deleted my UI. Also deleted anything that said Catterly_rathe etc etc in my files. Then re-patched with full file check.

Not sure which of the above fixed it, but it did fix it. I had to re do all my socials, friends list, and options. Also had to re download my UI but it was worth it.

So if you are at your wits end this may help you.

Catterly
catterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
anneli
A Gray Wolf

Default My fix

What worked-

I had an old ui (about a year old) that included a confirmation box file in it. I copied that file to my new ui. Now all is fine.

What didnt work:

Deleting eqmain.dll, Deleting eqgame.exe, etc etc- in short, following the recommended fix. (I didnt try deleting the *.opt nor the .ini files because that just didnt make sense- because my old ui worked fine. )

I also tried deleting the confirmation box file from the default ui and re-downloading it. I tried a full file check.

What I noticed- loading the default ui didnt work. *BUT* reloading my old tried and true ui worked. I got those nasty red messages about it not conforming but sheesh! that was better than not getting rezzes!

I checked the folder for my old ui, and it included a confirmation box file! My uneducated guess- something about the confirmation box file in the current default is messed up.

Anneli
anneli is offline   Reply With Quote