Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #46
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just wanted to say I, as I am sure everyone else too, appreciate all the work and time you are putting in to make a program for the community

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #47
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

I just wish I was able to put more time into it lately. Been under so much stress that I find it hard to concentrate on most of my personal projects, like this editor. Even work on my game and it's story been going very slow due to it, I swear this world takes someone with a dream and chews them up from all fronts.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #48
detrolyn
A Ghoul

So I take it we still dont have a site for this? Thought of splitting it up into a couple of pieces?

Detrolyn
detrolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #49
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Question :p

(23 days later)

Dear journal,

I have hit the refresh button 2,124,153 times since the last post.

I have studied every movement of the infamous dancing banana >

I am still waiting for the smilie to ask it's question >

Starting to go out of my mind <twitch>

(Any news on this wonderful editor yet? hehe)
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #50
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Not anything good. Mostly been kicking back until I get into the doc to have this tooth checked out. Can't concentrate on programming when the whole side of my face hurts.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #51
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Well atm I'm trying to figure out a problem with labels. If I align them to the right side, they have a White trail leading up to the text, Center or Left align leaves a white trail on the right. No clue what's causing it either.

The process I'm doing to render text is draw the text onto an empty surface with the background color as transparent.
Calculate the viewable text and clip that out, then place it according to the alignment on the on-screen label.

No reason for the white line to be there, but it's got me stumped.

NOTE: Images below may or may not show up, geocities has a hourly bandwidth limit, so if your interested in seeing this bug in action, check back after the turn of the hour.

The below are using a black pixel tiled across the drawable area of IW_MANA label, to better see the alignment algorithm's results for debugging purposes.

Centered

Left Align

Right Align

Last edited by shillingworth : 10-05-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #52
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Alright, rewrote the alignment algorithm, fixed the issue. Now does anyone know if you use NoWrap = false on a label, does EQ draw each line centered?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #53
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
Alright, rewrote the alignment algorithm, fixed the issue. Now does anyone know if you use NoWrap = false on a label, does EQ draw each line centered?

<NoWrap>false</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>false</AlignRight>

would align the text to the left (all lines) and would wrap the text as needed within the space given (as directly taken from my spell book window).
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #54
SmileyFAAce_

Default owie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
Not anything good. Mostly been kicking back until I get into the doc to have this tooth checked out. Can't concentrate on programming when the whole side of my face hurts.

I was in Wallmart.... today ..
There is a toothpaste called Sensodine PRO ENAMAL ( not regular Sensodine ). bout $5. My mother had lazor treetment on her teeth and was in pain for 3 days. THAT is the stuff to get.. it seems to be the best on the market . It MAY help your ache. shh dont tell everyone;D
Hope that helps ya get back up and running your great work for the people of this site ect

SmileyFAAce_

Last edited by SmileyFAAce_ : 10-06-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #55
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok
<NoWrap>false</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>false</AlignRight>

would align the text to the left (all lines) and would wrap the text as needed within the space given (as directly taken from my spell book window).

I meant if the label was centered also. Even right align I gotta figure out. If either of those scenarios are the case, I gotta change the way I split lines.

Anyway got a lot of work done today, gave up when I encountered a bug with window backgrounds flickering out due to 'External Component failed' about 30 times every other second. With a framerate of 59.99986, that looks to be half of the rendered frames failing, what sucks is that due to the external component, I can't trace the error. Odd that they worked fine before but after getting labels, radio groups, and gauge percentages working properly that showed up.

---

The tooth thing isn't due to sensitive teeth, I think it may be a failed root canal, that or I impacted the filling. It's about the same pain and swelling I had before the root canal was done, and centered in the exact same place (Second Lower Molar on the right side). I've been using hydrogen peroxide to wash my mouth every morning and night, that way it don't have a chance to get infected before I get to the doc. I tried that red cross pain relief stuff and it burned like hell when I got a lil drip on my gums, but after the burning stopped the pain cut down. Pretty much why I've been able to work on this project today.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #56
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Window Draw Templates Mark 2

As you can see I still have to tweak the layout calculations a little, but holy crap that's one monster of code just to calculation positions of all 9 of the border pieces. That is the Inventory Window without it's children drawn, I'm still working out the relative positioning, so it's just a jumbled mess with them set as visible.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #57
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Mwahaha, I figured it out.

For some odd reason, SOE choose to draw window borders on the outside of the windows bounding box, which is what threw me off at first. After I adjusted all the border to sit their width/height outside the bounding box, it all fit into place !
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 AM   #58
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

After some further examination I was wrong about borders being on the outside, but the new size & location stuff I wrote for the outside of window borders, worked perfectly for the proper way. Below is a side by side, left hand is EQ, right hand is the editor preview:

The sizes and locations are so perfect now, you can lay one over top of the other and get an exact match.

An yeah, my bard's gear is way overkill.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #59
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Rock on Shil, keep up the great work! I can only imagine how much time and effort is being put into this.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #60
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

This tab size stuff is aggravating. Anyone happen to know if they size based on text size? So far I've tried to size them based on TopLeft, LeftTop, Left, LeftBottom and that's just a tad to small. Horizontal sizing is easy, but vertical is giving me trouble, with the way I'm doing things, it throws off the size and locations of everything drawn after the draw templates as well.

On the good side of things, I have relative positioning worked out very well, most of the stuff in the inventory is in the right place now, give or take a pixel or two for text. I finally figured out the text sizes EQ uses as well. 1 = 8 point, 2 = 9 point, 3 = 10 point, 4 = 12 point, 5 = 14 point.

There's just so much crap that EQ has hard coded as a back up, it's ridiculous. I've been using a settings file for things like text sizes that aren't noted in the element. I've encountered at least 12 Ui2DAnimations in the default UI which have no sizes attached to them, but in-game aren't the size of the image.