Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2002, 09:10 PM   #1
depechenode
A Ghoul

Question replacing the bugged loadskin window

I was wondering if any out ther would be able to help me solve the problem i get when I modified the loadskinwindow file. I successfully modified it to display the Right Clickables that I desire. Instead of the defualt Load Skin (which does not work). However on load, i get the error your xml files may not be compatible blah blah blah. UIERROR file shows four "child" areas not found.

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child LoadButton in window LoadskinWnd

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child INIButton in window LoadskinWnd

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child SkinList in window LoadskinWnd

I know what they are: they are the scroll, ini list and the two buttons from the default. If I leave those lines in the xlm text, i get success load no error, but I see the INI list OVER top my right click mod. I delete the lines, and COOL, I see the right clickables, they work, but i get error on load.

Basically it is working, just annoying seeing the error on start up. My only solution so far is to ignore tha error and press on LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
BTW, my UI is a Mix of al the best IMO ui files out atm. So I thank ALL artists and programmers for their inspiration and I give credit to their work.

I am attaching screenshot of my UI in action (1280 x 1024)
the Playerinfo Box is a modification of another's UI mod. I changed it to my liking and added a few more things to it.

Second post wil show my ui without all the clutter

Last edited by depechenode : 10-30-2002 at 05:23 PM.
depechenode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:22 PM   #2
depechenode
A Ghoul

Default just my ui withput the clutter

no clutter ui

Last edited by depechenode : 10-30-2002 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:56 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: replacing the bugged loadskin window

Quote:
Originally posted by depechenode
I was wondering if any out ther would be able to help me solve the problem i get when I modified the loadskinwindow file. I successfully modified it to display the Right Clickables that I desire. Instead of the defualt Load Skin (which does not work). However on load, i get the error your xml files may not be compatible blah blah blah. UIERROR file shows four "child" areas not found.

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child LoadButton in window LoadskinWnd

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child INIButton in window LoadskinWnd

[Sat Oct 19 20:49:03 2002] Error: Could not find child SkinList in window LoadskinWnd

I know what they are: they are the scroll, ini list and the two buttons from the default. If I leave those lines in the xlm text, i get success load no error, but I see the INI list OVER top my right click mod. I delete the lines, and COOL, I see the right clickables, they work, but i get error on load.

Instead of deleting them (which EQ has a hissy fit over), move the items you don't want to see to Loc 0,0 and Size them to 1,1. That way, they are still "there" to make EQ happy, but they don't show, which makes you happy. Happy is good.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #4
depechenode
A Ghoul

Talking I FIXED IT!!

Thank you for your advice Cairenn on fixing my problem. However I have a solid fix for it now! And it works woot!

Fix is as follows:

Added to the LoadSkinWnd.xml file

<!-- BEGIN Required Information (DO NOT REMOVE) add BEFORE <Screen item = "LoadskinWnd">-->
<Listbox item = "SKINW_SkinList"><ScreenID>SkinList</ScreenID><Columns></Columns></Listbox>
<Button item = "SKINW_INIButton"><ScreenID>INIButton</ScreenID> </Button>
<Button item = "SKINW_LoadButton"><ScreenID>LoadButton</ScreenID></Button>
<!-- END Required Information -->

<!-- BEGIN Required Information (DO NOT REMOVE) add BEFORE last two lines of XML </screen> </xml> -->
<Pieces>SKINW_SkinList</Pieces>
<Pieces>SKINW_INIButton</Pieces>
<Pieces>SKINW_LoadButton</Pieces>
<!-- END Required Information -->
Old 10-20-2002, 10:27 AM   #5
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Yeah, you should be ok doing that. I usually just set them to size 0,0 when I find out something is hard coded to exist.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote