Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #46
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Angry Durn it...

Unfortunately you cant change the theme music as it copies over it when you change it and log on... BUT... you can (assuming your not on Autoplay) change the file after the download patch window is done and ready to play. Its a hassle but its cool to have something else playing instead of the well known EQ Theme. I personally enjoy "Anvil of Crom" as my intro music... Can't wait to see what else is going to be changed... if any (as the MP3.txt file shows only the 'Planes of' being mainly the new files.

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:49 PM   #47
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Re: w00tage

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanunda
You'll notice that it's just a text file, brought by the patcher into the *main directory*. Not only does that mean we cannot legally edit it, but it will be overwritten by the patcher if we do. So you can't replace, say, "powar.mp3" with, say, "Everlast - Who Got the Hooch.mp3" and expect it to let you slide. Even if you edit it after the patcher, or if you're crafty and rename one of your favorite .mp3's to one of the ones on the list, I'm guessing it has some kind of checker--since the music files will likely be in the main directory also, because there's no new folder--for the date edited, or file size, or what have you.

Actually Casandunda, if you alter the files AFTER the patcher has ran, you can alter the files and listen to the music you changed it with (just make sure to name it after the file you want to change). I do that with my eqtheme file with "Anvil of Crom" and it works... I love how it fades when you get on the game. Sweet. Yeah its a hassle but at least you have the music you want. Just make sure you alter the files AFTER the patch has ran, otherwise its just copies over the files you altered. Good luck to you all!

Zantaklawz

(yeah I know I repeated myself from the previous post.. sorry)

--edit-- Forgot to add... you'll have to do this everytime you log onto EQ, because as Casandunda states it does copy over your altered files... hassle yes... but benefit to listen to your music.. priceless..
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:19 AM   #48
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I still like the new music anyway, haven't even considered changing it yet. My favorites are the Plane of Earth music, Main theme, Plane of Time, and one other I forget at the moment.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:59 PM   #49
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

I know this thread has been dead for 5 months, but I just found it and read through it ( wish I had seen it 5 months ago ), and wanted to add 2 things.

(Make sure you read comment 2, it's much more important than comment 1)
One, I personally like MIDI's because I have this ancient, weird, at it's time super expensive soundcard made by Yamaha that produces the most rich instrumental sounds when playing midi files, so in nearly every case, when I play a MIDI file it sounds great. On my new computer though I have an SB Live and MIDI's are bleh. Sometimes I actually go to my old computer (it's now an answering machine) and play MIDI files for memories' sake.

Two, I have experience with programming that involves active parsing of the EQ log file, SO I could make what Tellgar wanted, something that plays MP3's (through Winamp, don't wanna waste time coding my own MP3 player) when events happen in game. BUT, I will only do this if there is interest in it. I won't claim authorship of the program Ever-Bot (http://everbot.cjb.net) as it's author wishes to remain anonymous (*wink*) and out of SOE's view, but this would be an addition to said program. Currently Ever-Bot mainly just does text-to-speech conversion for EverQuest chat so you can hear people say things, but throwing in MP3 playing based on text triggers would be quite simple. Anyways, if this interests anyone I'll set aside some time to make it, but I need input, what triggers are important for music playing? Zoning, fighting, dying, leveling? And should Winamp be made to load playlists and randomly pick a song from it (Winamp can do that right? I never use random).

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 09:10 PM   #50
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro

I have no familiarity with "Ever-bot", it does kinda sound like something that might violate EULA - but I say again... only sounds like something that would... particularly the "bot" part.

I'll try and get around to taking a look at it. Currently I've continued experimenting with EQWatcher, scripting triggers for sound events etc.

Anyhow, I'm sure there'd be interest in any number of different projects. How much interest can never really be predicted.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:06 PM   #51
v4nd3l
A Ghoul

Server: ayonne ro

i find the ticking in Akanon rather soothing, like a cat being dragged across a chalkboard.........while on fire
Old 03-27-2003, 08:52 PM   #52
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Quote:
Originally posted by v4nd3l
...like a cat being dragged across a chalkboard.........while on fire

Hmmm that doesnt sound too soothing to me
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:18 AM   #53
ÆÆÆÆ
A Shissar Defiler

I didn't mind the EQ MIDI music. I thought most of it was very good @ setting a mood. Jay Barbeau did an excellent job composing them, imo. I especially liked the Qeynos Hills and Qeynos Town themes. The Qeynos Town Theme gives such a sense of greatness and glory. And then there's the original EQ theme... I'd sent in an email to sony awhile back asking why they turned off the music and they said it was accidental for the most part, from what I remember. THey've begun to reinstate it. I miss the old battle music... good thing I have the entire zip collection of old EQ MIDI music...
ÆÆÆÆ is offline   Reply With Quote