Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
antdemartinis
A Bat

Default populate a group window for testing

No idea what I'm doing really, but I'm editing a group window so I can actually heal in this game. I started out just editing someone elses just to learn the basics, gauge sizes and positioning etc. Im making changes and just reloading the ui to see what the changes look like

my question is though, is there some command to show all group members bars, even when not in a group so I can see the changes im making? I can use a mercenary for 1 slot, but im in the dark for the other 4. how do people make group windows without it, do they sit in a group with their friends for hours editing the bars?
antdemartinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Fnyyen
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdemartinis
No idea what I'm doing really, but I'm editing a group window so I can actually heal in this game. I started out just editing someone elses just to learn the basics, gauge sizes and positioning etc. Im making changes and just reloading the ui to see what the changes look like

my question is though, is there some command to show all group members bars, even when not in a group so I can see the changes im making? I can use a mercenary for 1 slot, but im in the dark for the other 4. how do people make group windows without it, do they sit in a group with their friends for hours editing the bars?

depends on what XML programs you have available im much like you as i like to see the changes that are made while im making it. when you get more adjusted to working with the XML you can make very accurate guesstimate's of where your moving, as for the group window i normally play on a toon that is "not important" when i work on XML and make changes in between pulls so that i can dps between fix's, other then that most people in PoK/GH who are sitting around doing nothing or Trade skilling have helped more then once to make fix's in the group window.

best case is to get some friends and grind with them, id suggest letting them know that your working on group window so if u go LD, or are slow on what ever class your playing they know ahead of time and don't boot you from group.

NotePadd++ i found this XML program helpful for my needs only downside is still need to see changes from time to time.
Fnyyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

what I usually do is go to a city or POK and just get people that are tradeskilling or just hanging out to join my group that way your not relying on being attentive to a group need and usually have more then enough volunteers to fill the group.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote