Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Melee
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
xxdragonxxx
A Ghoul

Server: Brell
Default Nice Chat Window UI

Hey everyone, i have been looking though thses UI's for about 2 days now lol. I have found a lot of nice stuff and made some changes to my EQ UI and everything looks real good.

However i was looking for a nice chat window UI but i have been unable to fine any nice ones. Ones that i liked was from here. I am refering to the main chat windows and such. Does anyone know where i can find a UI for chat windows that looks anything like that. Thanks for you help.
xxdragonxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Danax
A Gray Wolf

I have wondered about chat boxes like that .. would help alot cause i only talk in one out of 5 chat boxes in my UI
Danax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
xxdragonxxx
A Ghoul

is there a way to just take a certin part of a complete UI that you want without having the whole thing?
for example i like the chat window from <a href="http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownload/picture.php?s=&id=2015"> here </a> so could i some way just take thta part of the UI out?

Just wondering if something like this can be done, if not ill have to stick with the old school ones from EQ.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #4
Camar
A Treant

Server: Druzzil Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm not positive, but it looks like the user of that UI just moved the text entry area off screen. You can do that with any chat window as long as it is dragable.
Camar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:28 AM   #5
xxdragonxxx
A Ghoul

ya ya, i understand that. i was refering to the style of the "main chat" windows and such.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #6
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There are multiple methods for changing chat window looks. One of which is very user friendly to just dropping a file into your UI and being done with it. I believe clean by dealig is one of those UI's and has very clean borders. Just remeber what affects the borders of your chat windows also affects every other border in your UI in most cases. The file thats normally used to "reskin" chat windows is window_pieces04.tga

You dont want to atempt to use chat windows created with any other method if youre unfamiliar with doing your own code.

So find a UI you like the chat windows in. Just add the window_piece04.tga from the UI to your UI folder. See how it looks. If its fubar. Delete window_pieces04.tga and look for something else.

Good luck,
Dream
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
Dunleyg
A Ghoul

Like many, I have 4+ chat windows open all the time. I have the UI-chat-options so all my typing goes into the "main" chat, but all the chat windows have an area to enter text. AFAIK changing the .tga file for the chat window will effect ALLl the chat windows and thus remove the "text entry area" in the one I need.

I have hid, some of the "text entry areas' off screen or behind other windows, but it would be nice if turning on the UI-chat-options-onlytypehere would remove this area from all the chat windows.

Another related wish for SOE I had was; when a 'tell window' pops up, typing in that window sends the message to the person who sent the tell.
Dunleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
xxdragonxxx
A Ghoul

Cool thanks a lot, i have solved the problem and im pretty happy with the out come.