Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Edimas
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Problems with Buff window mod

Ok. Bit of background.

I am not extremely familiar with modding these files, but with some investigation and seeing how things have been done in existing files plus a bit of good information on this site (of course) I have managed to make some adjustments to existing mods to tweak them into what I want to see.

Up till recently they have been working fine. Gemdiver had created the original collection of windows and had used the Test Default UI as his base before it went live. Needless to say for that to work correctly we had the entire Test UI in the folder and none or minimal usage from the default at the time.

The new Default UI went into effect and there were some minor things that had changed so I kept track of the files that had been changed so I could maintain the UI and copied the new Default into my custom folder and did not allow overwriting of the files that I wanted to keep changed.

Everything seemed to work great. Now they have put out this latest patch, and made a change to the Guild Manager window. Rather than having to keep copying the files from default into my custom I figured I would lean my custom folder down to only the modded files and let it pull the non-modded files from the default directory.

Now suddenly my EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file seems to be complaining. No changes to that window, but when I try to use the leaner directory it does not take and loads default. UIErrors file tells me that I have a Syntax error at line 1647 in the BuffWindow file.

Here is the EQUI_BuffWindow file in Text form

Does anybody have any idea what I may be missing or if I just don't have certain files that seem to complain unless they all reside in the same directory?

Thanks for the help.

Edimas
Edimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
Edimas
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Scratch that. Managed to find that I had a corrupted file loaded in my test directory. Seems that window works fine once you replace it with a non corrupted version.

Thanks for looking at it.

Edimas
Edimas is offline   Reply With Quote