Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 01-20-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
gamblnwad
A Bat

Default I'm New

Hello, I am the troll prophet Astyanaxx Polyamorous of the server Tallon Zek. Currently I am learning Java programming and in this class we had to learn a little bit of html. I really would like to learn how to create these UI's and I have been reading these forums for about half an hour now. I found some nice tips on how to get started, and am now wondering how long it would take for someone like myself to gain a formidable skill in XML and Adobe Photoshop. Any information would be greatly appreciated. The EQInterface environment seems very friendly and I am eager to join the ranks as a UI Modifier.

Thank You For Your Time,
Astyanaxx
gamblnwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Depending on your diligence and your aptitude for learning, anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months. Some UI's people have been planning for up to a year or more before a final is released. Start by modding one simple window until you grasp what you can/can't achieve and move on from there. Step by step you'll begin to see how windows can be merged, changed, and fit together to form the entire UI.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Modifying the xml code is pretty simple. The key item to get off this site is the complete EQtype list. This is the full listing of items that can be translocated to other windows so to speak.

Its the learning what you cant do to a parent window that gave me the most trouble. But as stated just plunk away and be persistent and youll get that part in no time. As for the photoshop skills i cant honestly comment. It took me 6 hours to figure out how to make a change to one file and im still not sure how i did it =/. It helps to have a drive to want to learn the programs. To be totally honest i was never a graphical artist more a musician hehe.

Dont be afraid to tinker with everything. Posting on the boards if you have questions, lots of friendly folks out there willing to help. Most of all keep at it. Once you figure you way past those first few roadbloacks it becomes addictive to modify ui's =P