Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #1
sasarle
A Fire Beetle

Default Delta3 Fazor

first off i just wanted to say that i love that someone is still keeping this ui alive and kicking. its one of my favorites because of the combo pet/clickie/player box. that box makes using clickies and getting and using ones from invientory bags so much easier.

that being said there are a few things that i noticed that need a minor adjustment. the first is the HP display on the target bar. with base hp over 10k i noticed that most of the time it will only display 4 digits of the hp total. so in effect 12345/12345 becomes 2345/1234.
the second thing that i noticed is that the chat boxes are missing the top portion that allows you to drag the box around on the screen. there is a small section on the top but for some reason i cannot get the crossed arrows that allows you to drag the box around. i can only resize the box to move it like an inchworm.

i would also like to ask what the process would be in order to change the color of the boxes if possible? the blue is nice and i have used it for a long time but i wonder hot i can mix it up a little and make another version that is say orange. that way i can switch back and forth when i wanted to.

Fazor, you did a great job on this ui and my hats are off to you. thanks for keeping me in the good stuff for another expansion. anything i an do to help let me know, and i appreciate you time and help.
sasarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
Zentek
A Bat

Server: Torvonnilous,Antonyus Bale
Default Delta needs an update :-)

I love the delta based UI's ..and I certainly hope this UI gets an update soon for the last expansions.

Regards,

-Zentek
Zentek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry for slow response, been crazy going out of town and stuff... Also, this was my first upload so I didn't follow directions and make a release post for you so thank you for doing so for me. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasarle
that being said there are a few things that i noticed that need a minor adjustment. the first is the HP display on the target bar. with base hp over 10k i noticed that most of the time it will only display 4 digits of the hp total. so in effect 12345/12345 becomes 2345/1234.

The update should have this fixed and moved to the Combat Ability Bar or the SpellGems bar. (You're currently SoL if you do a monster mission since you don't get either window up so it'll just look funny.)

Quote:
the second thing that i noticed is that the chat boxes are missing the top portion that allows you to drag the box around on the screen. there is a small section on the top but for some reason i cannot get the crossed arrows that allows you to drag the box around. i can only resize the box to move it like an inchworm.

You can just delete the ChatWindow XML file to get the titles back or drag like an inchworm. I prefer to drag here and there and then have more readable space than the titles.

Quote:
i would also like to ask what the process would be in order to change the color of the boxes if possible? the blue is nice and i have used it for a long time but i wonder hot i can mix it up a little and make another version that is say orange. that way i can switch back and forth when i wanted to.

Colors are all set in the Targa images. They are easy to edit with any decent image editor (I used Photoshop 6.0 for any changes that I made). Make sure you read up on the Alpha channels in case you want to change more than the colors.

Quote:
Fazor, you did a great job on this ui and my hats are off to you. thanks for keeping me in the good stuff for another expansion. anything i an do to help let me know, and i appreciate you time and help.

Thanks for the compliments and I hope to keep this UI current.

Last edited by Fazor : 09-28-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Fazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM   #4
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by CMPlayer
Hey i loaded itup and said items r fixed but my potions form DoN still look like necklaces.

I'll look into this, I thought I got all the textures for newer items. (Was a long time since I bothered fixing the animations file for dragitems.)

=> I looked into it again and couldn't find any potions with necklace graphics. I specifically check the Healing Potion X for it. If you have something specific I can check, please respond but I think it's working. To be extra safe, I'll re-update the zip file to make 100% sure it is current.

Last edited by Fazor : 09-23-2005 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Meadowstark
A Bat

Fazor-

Great UI, and I very much appreciate you updating it.

I tried using the latest update and I'm still having issues with items showing up as pearl necklaces as well. Some specific items for me are- Choker of One Hundred Diamonds, Russet Rockscale Armguards, and Fang of Kessdona. I've tried a clean install and these items still are not working.

Also, and this may very well be an error on my part, but I can't figure it out: when I tried the updated version, the screenshots showed for pure melee that endurance would show on the bar, but mine still shows mana. If you could point me in the right direction with fixing this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again for the hard work.

M
Meadowstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowstark
Fazor-

Great UI, and I very much appreciate you updating it.

I tried using the latest update and I'm still having issues with items showing up as pearl necklaces as well. Some specific items for me are- Choker of One Hundred Diamonds, Russet Rockscale Armguards, and Fang of Kessdona. I've tried a clean install and these items still are not working.

Also, and this may very well be an error on my part, but I can't figure it out: when I tried the updated version, the screenshots showed for pure melee that endurance would show on the bar, but mine still shows mana. If you could point me in the right direction with fixing this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again for the hard work.

M

Somehow the last time I updated the ZIP it didn't take. It should be better now but if you gimme a day or two I'll add 1280x1024 to the INI's (I use 1280x960 and forgot to worry about other 1280 x ? resolutions.) Hopefully, with the current ZIP the STA bar for melee and the necklaces should be fixed.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:02 AM   #7
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Updated:

1) New Raid Window (made it cleaner and more user-friendly). I probably missed a few bugs as it's hard to test this w/o raiding.

2) Added mods from EQInterface-Misc for DynamicZone and TradeSkills windows. <not my work on these>

3) Updated INI's to work for 1280x1024
Old 09-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #8
Wolfjedi
A Bat

Default Love the update

Thanks for updateing this UI for use with DoDH. just have run into 1 problem with it. Namely the chat and tell windows can't be moved or for that matter closed. Got just a bit dicey when i got a number of tells back to back, almost completely obscureing my view of the mob i was fighting. Otherwise my UI of choice.
Wolfjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
Kjan
A Hill Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Kjan Send a message via AIM to Kjan

Nice UI, but could you replace the 2nd bank which shows inv slots with bags and clickies to the show the 2nd hotkey bank, don't fancy my 2nd hotkey bar to take up space on the screen.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2005, 11:59 PM   #10
Gazzaz
A Ghoul

Great Work! I'm gonna start using it tonight!

Any chance at getting a Horizontal Buff bar? Kinda hard to fit the Song Bar down the side with the Buff Bar. Maybe shrink 'em a little if not?

How about an Attack indicator. I know it is a PITA and I'm a big boy Warrior but I like having that thing.

Thanks for the work!

Last edited by Gazzaz : 10-01-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Gazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 AM   #11
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzaz
Great Work! I'm gonna start using it tonight!

Any chance at getting a Horizontal Buff bar? Kinda hard to fit the Song Bar down the side with the Buff Bar. Maybe shrink 'em a little if not?

How about an Attack indicator. I know it is a PITA and I'm a big boy Warrior but I like having that thing.

Thanks for the work!

Attack indicator is around the target. Will probably never do horizontal buffs as that makes it really messy with the labels imo since there isn't a way to have the text rotated and I like small buff icons. However, I plan to have a reverse buff option for both short and long buff windows. DoD is taking up most of my time so I haven't done much lately. I plan to make a nice horizontal bank that has all bank bags on the left (in columns of 2) stuff in middle and then inventory bags on right. Should be nice when opening up all your bags to locate/move things.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
Gazzaz
A Ghoul

I found the attack indicator. Had the Thing Faded all the way out. Thanks!

I know what you mean about the Horiz buffs. I found some that work. Saves a lot of room up top but trying to find out time remaining on all of them is annoying.

Thanks again bro. Really great work!
Gazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #13
razorsharp131
A Fire Beetle

Hi Fazor,
1st of all , I like to thank you for making the effort on the revival of this great UI. You have make the UI continues through the next expansion The new Hott button is kewl since we have to keep pressing the HoTT button on the old Delta to pop it

A little suggestion I would like to add to make this great UI better is to make a small personal tribute timer next to the compass window. A countdown timer and current favor is good enough.

But overall, best UI ever!! Keep it up!!
razorsharp131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
Occam
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Occam Send a message via AIM to Occam Send a message via Yahoo to Occam

EDIT: Well, I never thought to look at the pure melee version...d'oh. On the plus side, I got a crash course in XML.

I was looking for a way to get rid of the horizontal spell bar, but not lose the flow of the interconnected graphics. As a complete XML noob, I fumbled my way through it, and actually made something that worked. Got the Combat Abilities moved onto the spell bar, which involved using Photoshop to adjust the image.

If any Hybrids don't like the horizontal spell bar, I suggest using the Pure Melee version, and just replace the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml file with whatever else you have. It's much easier.

Last edited by Occam : 10-11-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #15
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

(10/12/05):
  • Added horizontal bank with inventory bags (could not add auto-inventory because of hard-coding from SOE).
  • Added Tribute timer to EQMain window in bottom left corner (Could not add Activate/Deactivate buttons because no EQType for those but at least timer will let you know if tribute is on/off.)
  • Added Left-Aligned buff windows for Long and Short buffs. You will have to rename the LeftBuff_* files to replace the current ones. Note that because of the way the animations are set up, the blue'ish background behind the buff names must be the same for both windows so if you have a Left and a Right, one of them will not look as good. Also, because of the hard-coding buff icon alignment, Left-aligned buffs can be clicked off ANYWHERE along their "row". The right-aligned icons are shrunken so that only the icon and a bit of the buff name will work for clicking them off.