Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #31
Unmei
A Treant

Default Another request

This is generally a pretty elegant UI, but I find that some of the flowery letters are kinda hard to read. Some graphical cleanup in that regard would be nice. That said, my -actual- request is this:

I've noticed that each member of the group has a little "shield" icon to the right of their health bar that also changes color with their health. Is there any chance these could be enlarged somewhat to take up all the empty space over there on the right? I've been pining for a "squares" style health window ever since I bumped into one of the first color changing health windows, which looked like this:

The squares would change color as the person's health dropped. I loved it to bits, and no one has made an updated, integrated version of it in ages as far as I know. I'd love to see more of this functionality in this UI.
Unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #32
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

operating on semi functional comp atm /sigh .had 98se get corupted so bad was no help files when booted in safe mode. wiped hard drive wiped partitions saved 75% of my .and atop that its been so busey an bad in rl if my life was a country song some one would have run over my dog an shot the tires out of the 4x4.but i digress

group window was sorta based on that same window unmei.il add your request to the list as i get time .some who at 1st didnt like group window it grew on them because of the color changeing gauges made caching a patch heal much easyer ( does for me on loh i see red i hit loh if no cleric cheal called an axeion dies much less now ) .

as far as the caps font find me something better or something like the letters in the box .spent 8 hours one day just looking at fonts on difrent sites .the problem atm is i used a black background .was looking at makeing behind the letters like a gem or marbel like look so the shadows from letters stand out more .the large letters are carrick caps an rest are book antique.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #33
maartena
A Gray Wolf

A few comments for your next version:

- There is no "delete" button in the character select. Once you camp a character that used the skin, a skinned version of character select comes up which has no "delete" button to delete characters. I was cleaning up the other day and had to log into my trader first (who does not use HTTK) and then camp so I could delete characters.

(Since the April 6th Patch will contain a "go home" button as well, you may as well get that in one shot - its live at Test now).

- The bank window is confusing at times. I like the departmentalization of it most of the times, but at other times I think it is a hassle. I would not mind a choice of bank windows, one that looks a little more like the regular one.

Other then that, this is a SUPURB skin and I love it.
maartena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #34
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

maartena thanks for the kind words. wish rl had more time this whole years been one problem after another .ill add alt window for the character select window that includes delete after the 6th ( i hope) .

did not include one because i know a few people in eq who had to wait weeks to get their acidental deleted mains un deleted after a long play session or when to many adult beverages were consumed.

best advice till i can make a alt version give would be to load the default skin before deleting a toon from character select.that way default ui character select is their waiting.

side note due to requests next version will include lfg disaband an invite on group window probly up an down the right side.was pointed out to me alot players dont use the actions window at all .lfg button seems to be one of those things that only goes in one window.so will include it next go around.

hopeing also to find or scan black leather for back ground in all black areas to give some texture an have something for the letters to stand out against.also been looking for a font besides carrick caps for the cap letters so it can be easyer to read.been looking hard at a diablo font .
Old 04-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #35
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

httk 1.07 is in que atm hopeing it will be up tonight . includes the return home button on the character select screen.it works tried it when servers came back up.

hopeing in next week or two to post some samples for future versions an posible new letter style.real life still being a pain atm .tween 2 sinus infections,the flue,mom going to hospital,pnemonia,alergies,a heart lung problems an every one else geting sick ,just not been alot time to actualy do much ui work this year.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:04 AM   #36
Xyndail
A Hill Giant

Server: E'ci
Unhappy Great, but..

Ax, I love the UI, fits perfectly with my play style. One problem though- I have been having CTD recently when zoning, or even when just running through a zone. I thought it might be something else at first, talked with tech support, finally narrowed it down to UI. This has forced me to use another UI. Don't like it near as much, but no more CTD. I hope you might look into this and fix so that myself (and possibly others) will continue using your UI! Thanks.
Xyndail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #37
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

1st read this thread xyndail http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...highlight=crash it might give ya idea whats going on.its not just my ui that has this problem .but its problem not all comps (os , grafic, cards ,etc )will have.its posibly a memeory leek eq has with ui's in general.

2nd do you get a ui error code or when crash ( check by looking in folder with eq files an look for one name UIErrors open it an see what it says)

3rd does it do this after a while or any random time.

4rd background tasks can cause crashs an cause same problem.check an see whats runing in backgroud.

5th think from pm's im running lesser grafic card than you but ill post how i run eq for ya to see setings .somthing simple as changeing things to 16 bit can free up alot of lag an problems.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #38
maartena
A Gray Wolf

Default New merchant window?

Wil v1.08 be ready in time for the new merchant window and new e-mail windows now on test? It looks like some rather big changes are being made.
maartena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #39
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

well didnt get update in time ready an haveing problems even runing eq atm. just geting a black screen with mouse trailing all over but ui parts load this is in default as well not just httk.

bear with me an ill get this fixed.most time httk goes threw patchs rather well more often than not.this one got me with about 4 or 5 files seems.sorry for any problems this causes.

i highly recomend atm to delet the merchant xml file in httk atm .kinda ticked about this took me almost a week to figure out the placement .. math an graphics to make old one work. atm i have no clue how to redo this into old version.so will probly redo new version .seeing new version on my girl friends comp atm.bleh an i thought the 3rd sinus infection of the year was a pain.

good news atm is subscribed to eq for a year.as rl time permits will work on patch for httk an do more to make the interface more user friendly .been playing guild wars some when to sick to play eq ( more diablo-ish less thinking ) an had few ideas for httk from that.but over all their ui look doesnt fit the game imho.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:49 AM   #40
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

httk v1.11 should be up in few hours.had to lose the merchant window but will do new version after i play in game with the new default one for while to get better feel of how to make more user friendly.it will include a done button if possible .

will include it with next big patch if posible.sorry for any problems for the delay in the update this might have caused . least got it patched for week end play/nod
Old 05-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #41
tobrien
A Gray Wolf

Default httk 1.11 Group Window

Are you going to add the LFG magnifier, FOLLOW and DISBAND buttons to group window or are you going to do something different? That is the only thing I am needing in this UI. Otherwise it is really Nice!!!!
tobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #42
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

i will be adding lfg an disband as well as the lfg tool button probly in next big patch version . just wanted to get a playable version out for this weekend for people who use httk.

upcomeing features atm will include :

1 the much requested lfg /disband/lfg tool added to group window. i always used the action window for those functions an tried to trim some space .new vesion probly have the buttons on the sides .

2 grafic rework of all peices makeing black back ground into more of a black leather look.

3 changeing font to diablo 2 type ( sorta like the lettering in the dragons of norath ) should be a bit more easyer to read.

4 a scroll type look to chat windows think partchment look from origial eq ui.

5 a reworked merchant window new default one is atm a pain to mod an imho does not fit eq .will try to include a done button since it is in the xml code but hidden ( /boggle ) at the very least.

just these 5 changes will take me a few months to do .trying best i can to work on ui between rl stuff an trying to have little fun playing eq or guild wars my self.all work an no play makes axeion grumpy .. tho few can tell the difrence hehe.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #43
tobrien
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

tobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #44
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

sorry be bit longer on updates . still sick in rl an meds not helping me concentrate much ( or my spelling either ) .keep watch on this thread ill make a top 10 for next big version .
Old 05-28-2005, 08:19 PM   #45
Crackmaster
A Snow Griffin

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via AIM to Crackmaster

I just wanted to say that this UI really looks great. If I still played I'd definitely use it, but real life has taken over and I haven't been able to play much at all lately. I'm sorry to hear of your real life problems but you have done an awesome job so far with this ui. Keep up the good work