Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-28-2002, 10:47 AM   #1
WaywardSoul
A Gray Wolf

Default Pet Health Bar problem

I'm trying to combine the Target, Player, and Group windows into one window and for some reason when I try to move the pet health bar to a different window, it gives me an error when I load the new interface stating that it can't find the pet health bar in the window I just moved it from. Everything else works fine except I can't move the pet health bar.

Is there a reason for this? Are there some bindings being done from some other XML file or from a server side operation?
WaywardSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk

The answe is that you screwed up, but it is not a big screwup so you should be able to fix it easily.

<Gauge item="Pet_HP">
<ScreenID>PetHP</ScreenID>

If this is familiar to you then we are well on our way to fixing your problem.

Screen ID is always going to be the same for whatever you are working with, IE A pet health percentage bar will always be PetHP. The Gauge item will need to be unique for you window you are working on. If it is that same as another windows item labe then you will have an error. This should fix your problem. If not then post the exact error message and we will try to work through it.
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
WaywardSoul
A Gray Wolf

What I did was cut the element from the original window and pasted it in its entirety into a new window. I did the same with the labels and pieces pertaining to the pet health bar.

For some reason it didn't work.. but it should.. since I am not duplicating the element.. just moving it to a different window.

On a side note, It sounds to me like they are on a SAX API rather than the DOM API for processing XML. This would explain why you can't have data such as the health numbers appearing in multiple places. I'm sure they did this for reasons relating to speed. Hopefully they will make the switch and find that there isn't any noticeable delay issues.

Last edited by WaywardSoul : 07-29-2002 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk

If I understand you correctly then you moved the pet health information completely to a new window. You removed the script and the
Code:
<Pieces>Pet_HP</Pieces>

line from the one window and added them to the new window?
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 07:44 PM   #5
WaywardSoul
A Gray Wolf

Yes