Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
RobynnMerrilin
A Treant

Server: E'ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to RobynnMerrilin Send a message via AIM to RobynnMerrilin
Default Paint Shop Pro?

Is this application good enough to use for editing the tga files? I really have no idea what to look for, as I'm not well versed in this stuff.

Mainly, I want to be able to put Vert's gauges into the default window pieces file. I tried it last night, and it seemed to load right one time, and it hasn't loaded properly since (and I didn't edit the file again after that).

If PSP is useable for this, what things do I need to look for to save the file correctly?

Thanks guys.
RobynnMerrilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
Tasiel
A Ghoul

I'll hafta admit, this has me stumped too. I been trying the same thing ye have. After a number of edits all I have been able to get is a wider gauge. I was able ta change the mouse pointer by placing it as a transparency but this does not seem ta work fer the gauges. I even tried cutting and pasting each gauge seperately but still couldnt get it ta work.

Anyone know just how this can be done right?
Tasiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
Pure
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Torvonnilous
Default Paint Shop Pro 7

Here's a short - Help Me instruction - I did this already on my bars :

1) For my reference make sure you have the Tool bar showing:
Go to View - Toolbars - Check Tool bar and close

2) Open the target file of choice - (Verts changed Bars window)

3) Go up to Tool Bar and click on Wand - Move the wand over the window_pieces01.tga file from Vert and left click mouse - You will notice bunch of dotted lines around everything - Go up to Selections - Invert - You will notice that the larger dotted line that was around entire image is gone and only the inside dotted lines show still

4)Go to Selections - Save to Alpha Channel - The Save to Alpha Channel Window then click and highlight Alpha Channel 1 - Then OK - Yes

THIS WAS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ALPHA CHANNEL - Which basically means the image you have or select from now on is TRUE or doesnt include some boxy or such background along with it - JUST THE IMAGE ITSELF

5) Right click on window_pieces01.tga window - The lines disappear - Go to Tool bar and select the dotted line rectangle - Go back to image and click and hold mouse and drag over the area you want such as bars - when done release button and Edit - Copy

6) Open up the other window_pieces01.tga file you want to put new bars in - Click on image to verify this is one you want - Edit - Paste - As Transparent Selection and move the Vert bars over the existing and when they line up stop and right click

Voila now if you want the line just in between with small indents out just take the dotted rectangle box a select and Edit - Cut

==============================================

This information can be used to change the Item background box to right of bars and down - The Spell Icon Box is down - Cursor also.

If you dont select alpha channel (Transparency) like described for .tga files in EQ you end up with boxes and odd looking stuff.
Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 05:49 PM   #4
BlakGard
A Ghoul

Default Re: Paint Shop Pro?

Yes, you can use PSP to alter all of the TGA files. Although it's not quite as good as PhotoShop, it pretty damn close.
BlakGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 06:48 PM   #5
RobynnMerrilin
A Treant

Server: E'ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to RobynnMerrilin Send a message via AIM to RobynnMerrilin

Ah, the alpha channel step was the part I missed. Thanks a ton.
RobynnMerrilin is offline   Reply With Quote