Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-26-2002, 03:54 PM   #1
WaywardSoul
A Gray Wolf

Default Are these things possible?

I have a list of things I would like to know if they are possible.

1) Can the Title shown in the Casting Time window (EQUI_CastingWindow.xml) be changed to show the title of the spell being cast?

2) Can spell gems be added as a horizonal row at the bottom of the spell book that when used, will update the normal Spell Gem Window (EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml)

3) In the Inventory window (EQUI_Inventory.xml) Can the piece displaying the Class Art be also used as the Auto-Equip box?

4) Can the Target (EQUI_TargetWindow.xml), Player (EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml), and Group (EQUI_GroupWindow) windows all be combined into the same window?

5) Can more than one ToolTipReference be used?

If these can be done, please let me know how to go about implementing them.

Thanks.
WaywardSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears
Default Re: Are these things possible?

Quote:
Originally posted by WaywardSoul
I have a list of things I would like to know if they are possible.

1) Can the Title shown in the Casting Time window (EQUI_CastingWindow.xml) be changed to show the title of the spell being cast?

I'm not sure about this. The only way I can imagine this can be implemented is by using labels and setting the eqtype accordingly. But I think this isn't possible at the moment, as there are no labels for "Currently casting spell".

HOWEVER, I think if you alt-click a buff you get a little examine window with the icon and the name of the spell... if you can figure out how to get that spell name variable you could use it in that window.

Quote:

2) Can spell gems be added as a horizonal row at the bottom of the spell book that when used, will update the normal Spell Gem Window (EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml)

I have no idea what you mean by that, but I'm sure someone else who looks at thispost will.

Quote:

3) In the Inventory window (EQUI_Inventory.xml) Can the piece displaying the Class Art be also used as the Auto-Equip box?

You'd have to write it that way. I think one of the compact designs does that.

Quote:

4) Can the Target (EQUI_TargetWindow.xml), Player (EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml), and Group (EQUI_GroupWindow) windows all be combined into the same window?

Yep. It's just a matter of writing your own window to do this.

Quote:

I don't think so. If you think about it, the tooltip is a little message that pops up after you have your mouse over that item for a while, or in EQ's case when you press the ALT button in the inventory, or hold your mouse over your gauges for a bit. If you have 2 messages, how would that show? And why would you need to have 2 different tooltipreferences for the same component?

Quote:

If these can be done, please let me know how to go about implementing them.

Thanks.

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #3
Martinusiv
A Ghoul

Good questions, i try to answer, will be answered by the end of next week, i'm sure :-)

No, i think :-)

should be possible.

Yes

I hope so :-)

Not into tooltips :-)
Martinusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

But I don't think you're supposed to be able to cast while looking at the book? How would that work? I'm referring to number 2
Old 07-26-2002, 04:32 PM   #5
WaywardSoul
A Gray Wolf

But for memorizing spells it would be a help
WaywardSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:36 PM   #6
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Ooh... so like you'd have the spell gems RIGHT NEXT to the book when you switch them around, like in the old interface? I'd think you just duplicate the declarations for the spell gems box and stick them in the window where your spell book is. Or you can set it up so your spell book pops up off of your spell gems bar?