User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2002, 05:59 AM   #1
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default A cleric's perspective...

I'm working on a skin for a cleric friend, and I need a cleric's opinion of this one. Is it more functional as far as group health and spells and such?

-Cormanth
Old 09-05-2002, 06:12 AM   #2
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro

Neato! Certainly interesting design you have there.

Well, I'm not a cleric.. actually I'm a Wanderer(druid), but I've always liked to have my spell cast and hotbuttons as close to the group list as possible. That way if I need to use mouse to click on a member of the party (in a flustered situation, as I normally use F keys) I can do it with minimal delay.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:18 AM   #3
Tlag
A Gray Wolf

In my opinion the chat window is too small. Other thing that you might ask your friend if he rather uses the mouse or keyboard. When he says keyboard, I would add the actually Keys to target some player or use a hotkey. I found various postings from priests that do use keyboard to cheer at that.
Personal I am doing 95% with the mouse. My skin in the class->priest section was optimised to that, but doesn't look nearly as good . Basically I wouldn't use yours with a mouse, because things are too much scattered around.
Last thing I would try to consider is to go to a higher resultion, but reduced viewport. So you can add more information without loosing the view
Old 09-05-2002, 07:20 AM   #4
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

I like the gauges, they look cool
Glad to see people making more unique approaches to the gauges

Magelo
Guild Website
Old 09-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #5
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk

Ok, so when you say add keys to 'target some player' are you referring to the F keys? If so, no thanks. I figure if people who actually use the F keys don't know by now which group member refers to which F key... then it's not going to help them to put up labels. I might as well label and number each of the spell gems and hotkeys.... too much information is too much information.

I agree about the difficulties of using a mouse with such an interface mod. Things are fairly scattered, but I'm having a problem deciding how to remedy that. I figure I can shrink down the hotkeys to closely match the spell gems, and that would alow me to move things in. But I don't want to do what everyone else us doing and have a cluttered screen. Most of the other 'popular' mods have everything condensed at the bottom of the screen into this little block. Sure it opens up the display, and brings everything together closer, but... it's a block at the bottom of the screen.... ewww

As for the gauges, they were not easy. I had to alter the original XML for gauges so that I could add a top and bottom 'EndCap', so my gauges are now 5 part instead of the original 3 part gauges.

Keep the comments and pointers coming, please. This is still a major work in progress, and all of your suggestions make me work harder to come up with a better solution.

-Cormanth
Old 09-05-2002, 07:54 PM   #6
Kragon
A Fire Beetle

Super Dig it...as a cleric I would want those Hot Buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of along the right side ( its easier to slide the mouse left to right than up and down.

Simpley awesome though.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #7
holyhealer
A Gray Wolf

Server: luclin
Default MOD

As a cleric like the mod would like to give a test run but it look great . I like to see labels on the spells and have the tking ver 4 icons for the spells, make it so you can you at 1280 by 1024 mode. Allso like to see what the spell book look like. Need to had some color to hot button like you did to the other stuff . You are doing a great job.

Last edited by holyhealer : 09-05-2002 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:30 AM   #8
w0rm
A Gray Wolf

Server: Prexus
Send a message via ICQ to w0rm Send a message via AIM to w0rm

Coming from a cleric... I think those gauges look fantastic. I would love to get a hold of them! Hehe.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
Danforth_Brell
A Treant

Default Favor...

Can you link to the pic instead of posting it here? It's a pain to scroll to read everyone's notes on this.

Old 09-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #10
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro

Danforth, just in case you weren't aware of it, in your user options you can opt to have this board display a link instead of the actual image. Very handy.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:26 PM   #11
Danforth_Brell
A Treant

Thanks....
Old 09-07-2002, 03:40 PM   #12
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Hm.. I reckon pet health is incorporated into the setup? I, at least, do tend to heal pets as well.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:47 PM   #13
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Interesting

I like the drain gauges... Kinda gives a Playstation RPG feel to it. A new (but old school) twist to EQ... Keep up the good work!!

Oopaa!

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Old 09-07-2002, 06:13 PM   #14
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

I love the gauges as well, like the whole thing pretty much. Only thing missing to me is some righ clicky buttons Maybe throw 4 or 5 under the spells? So far tho this is my favorite for the "outside the box" type skins.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:06 AM   #15
Horaxe
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Sullon Zek
Send a message via ICQ to Horaxe Send a message via AIM to Horaxe Send a message via Yahoo to Horaxe

Very interesting approach, can't wait to see the finished product

"A halo's only a few inches from becoming a noose."