Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Exclamation Ameril's Diablo II mod

This post touches on the Diablo II UI by Ameril Dan`nodel for 1280x1024 resolutions (original UI base by Soes, customized extensively to fit my preferences).
This post will be edited as needed for updates to this UI.
This thread will be for suggestions, comments, complaints and special requests for this UI.

Take a peek at the screenshots.
Let's download this bloody thing already!

Features:
-> Customized Inventory Window.
-> Customized (combined) Player/Hotkey Window...the health and mana *baubles* are the in thing, now!
-> Modded Party Window.
-> Modded Target Window.
-> Modded Chat Windows.
-> Two extra chat windows, one filtering Melee Spam, the other filtering Spell Spam!!
-> Customized Buff and Short Duration Buff Windows.
-> Customized Combat Ability Window (originally by Zutix).
-> Customized Tracking Window (originally by Valeanx).
-> Customized Alternate Advancement Window.
-> Customized Leadership Ability Window (originally by Vert).
-> Modded Pet Window (includes a tab for *your* equipment, a tab for your pet's health and commands, and a third tab for the buffs your pet is sporting).
-> Modded Spell Bar.
-> Customized Spell Gem/Icon set (gems and icons represented by Warcraft III pictures).
-> Modded Spellbook (credit to T.King)
-> Modded Window Pieces (credits to T.King and Drakah)
NOTE: All graphics pertaining to Diablo II are copyrighted by and property of Blizzard Entertainment and Blizzard North Studios. This UI only simulates the Diablo II interface by re-created graphics (from scratch or from screenshots...most of that credit belongs to Soes on an astounding job). You can check out Blizzard's Diablo II website HERE.

Things to look out for:
-> Keep your eyes open for a 1600x1200 version...coming soon! (as per special request by Sage Blazynice)
-> A 1024x768 version will also be in the works once I get the 1600x1200 version operational.
-> Currently fiddling with the EQUI_Container.xml...keep an eye out for sleeker containers in the next update!
-> Next update will (possibly, if it's working by that time) include a horizontal Song Window! And the Buff Window will remain vertical. The idea sprung to me because I'm getting a touch shy on room along the right side of the screen due to the extra five (5) buff slots introduced in the Omens of War expansion, and I've yet to work out all the kinks in it.
-> Customized Health of Target's Target Window will also be incoming soon.

Update History:

Version 1.01
September 19, 2004

This is the follow-up to the Omens of War Launch Patch.
Changes:
-> Spell Bar is completely updated as per Omens of War changes.
-> Buff Window is completely updated as per Omens of War changes.
-> Spell Gem/Icon set is a new, custom set I personally created through various Warcraft III icons.
-> Modded Raid Window has been removed and switched to default version, due to bugs.
-> UI_(character)_(server).ini file has been updated.
-> Colours of experience gauges in the Alternate Advancement and Leadership Windows have all been changed to the "old-school" colour scheme for the experience gauge (golden-brown "yellow bubbles" with blue "blue bars").
-> This is the final, fully functional (and stable) 1.01 version of this UI. The last update wasn't complete, so the 1.01 update was revised and fixed.

Version 1.00
September 09, 2004

This is the very first version of this UI.

Enjoy the UI, and be sure to reach me by the many options available (in-game, or out), should you encounter any problems.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]

Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
Zutix
A Gray Wolf

I downloaded your UI today as I wanted to use the updated buff window with Soes 1.6 which is my favored choice...however, when I looked at the code and the tga's in the current file available to download, there is no graphic for the 16-20 buff slots as shown in the screenshots posted with this UI? Does the zip file need updating or such? /confused

/spank
<Code of Silence>
Luclin Server
Zutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Post Re: Ameril's Diablo II mod

Christ, Zutix, you're right. I could've sworn that .tga was included.
Hmm...might of gotten the folders confused (I was adding the updated files into it as I was working, and ended up zipping it several times each time I noticed a small problem, so I may have deleted the wrong .zip file).

To everyone, sorry for the problem...digging into it right away, and I'll be uploading it within five minutes. You'll just have to wait for the approval on it. Heh. Once again, I am terribly sorry...

EDIT: File is now once again ready for downloading, and above problem is taken care of...made sure to upload the proper .zip file, this time. Next time, we'll try to have Cairenn spank me, in your stead. /smirk

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]

Last edited by Aramil Dannodel : 09-20-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Post Re: Ameril's Diablo II mod

There is a three-hour patch, this morning (Thursday, September 23rd, 2004; it has already started, by this time). Servers will be back up within 2 hours and 45 minutes of my finishing this post.

Aside from the fact that Warriors are getting an AA refund (because it isn't working as SOE intended it to), it doesn't seem like there's any details floating about regarding the other changes involved in this patch, so...I cannot guarantee they won't change UI stuff, although I'm crossing my fingers that the very small change I made to the AA window won't be affected. *IF*, by some chance, the UI in my folder breaks, I will be at it fervently, since I'm logging in as soon as the servers are back up. I am, at this moment, assuming they aren't making any actual changes to the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file, since the Alternate Advancement Window's ability descriptions don't go into an extreme amount of depth for effects, but in the case that they do, here is how to quickly fix any errors the modded file might cause (make sure this is done AFTER THE PATCH *and* AFTER YOU HAVE RUN THE PATCHER AND DOWNLOADED *ALL* THE UPDATED FILES, otherwise this fix WILL NOT work if they updated the AA Window's XML file):
1) Delete the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file out of the custom folder.
2) Open Notepad.
3) Load the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file from the default folder.
4) Use the Find command (Ctrl+F...isn't that wonderful? Just like in EverQuest. Heh) and do a search for the following: FillTint
5a) Directly below that line, you should see the following:
<R>240</R>
<G>240</G>
<B>0</B>
</FillTint>
<LinesFillTint>
<R>0</R>
<G>220</G>
<B>220</B>
b) Change that to:
<R>220</R>
<G>150</G>
<B>0</B>
</FillTint>
<LinesFillTint>
<R>0</R>
<G>80</G>
<B>220</B>
6) Select the Save As... function under the File menu.
7) Save it with the same name into your custom folder.
8) All done...wasn't that easy?

Hopefully, nothing will break, so there shouldn't be a problem...but if the UI does break (because SOE decides to shadow edit everything...I can see that, with my luck, heh), then please be aware that I know, and I am working on it to fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Logged in, and established that the UI is still *completely* stable. Just wanted to add that so everyone was aware. Enjoy.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]

Last edited by Aramil Dannodel : 09-24-2004 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Update regarding the test.