User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
JGC84
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default New Program, like CCake

So I finally sat down and started to write this program... I liked the idea of CCake but it annoyed me that it didn’t work for anything but the hotkey's window, and that it only worked for vert's UIs, and so on and so forth, so I’m in the process of writing a program that extracts the inventory slots in any xml file you open with it, and will let you switch between which ones they are... so for example, you put in your hotkey window, which has only 4 clicky slots, those 4 will pop up in a list on the screen, with a box next to them asking what you want to change them to.. Then you can save your changes and you'll have all 4 as different inventory types... I’ve got most of the "Finding" code done now, and next to work on is the layout of the interface, then the writing back code... the project will be open source soon as I get done w/ beta 1.. Anyone who has any interest in helping me out please let me know.. I’m doing this all in VB 6. (Yes, I know much flack from the C programmers) any other suggestions or ideas about it are greatly appreciated
JGC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 03:23 PM   #2
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis

anything new ?

sound really interesting
Old 11-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
JGC84
A Snow Cougar

i'm trying to finish off v2.0 before i get really working to deep in this, right now i have a really really rough version that goes through and will just list in text what kind of boxes you have in that xml file... so it half works atm; soon as i finish up w/ JGC_UI_V2.0 i'll really sit down and try and finish up this project...
Old 11-12-2003, 08:27 PM   #4
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis

great

i'll be around, watching at you to check if you are not sleeping too much ! FEAR !
Kunis Marfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:34 PM   #5
JGC84
A Snow Cougar

ok i'm uploading a LITTLE TINY preview of what i'm thinking, right now it doesnt look fancy, in fact it looks very boring, but you can see the general consept... open the picture and follow along

in the white text box up top you can see it shows you what file you've opened

down and to the right a little of that it lists what slots you CURRENTLY have in taht window...

wow wasnt that exicting!? but i'll be adding drop down boxes next to the list of current slots, where you can pick what you want to transform that box into... i'll update as i keep it going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (20.0 KB, 187 views)
Old 12-15-2003, 11:32 AM   #6
JGC84
A Snow Cougar

ok i realize i've been slacking but i've got 2 very good excuses... 1 Finals suck... 2 i got a comisioned job to do... so they are accutally paying me, and i told them i'd have it out.. so i'll get to this soon as i can.. really i havnt forgot about it )
Old 12-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #7
Neiloch
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Tholuxe Paells

I hope you get this finished one day. I imagine there are tons of people their who can make some great UI's but coding XML is slightly out of their grasp or they don't have time to learn.

"Dont screw with someone with a lot of free time"
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote