Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 02:47 AM   #1
jeremyf
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bertoxx
Default Not all elements are optional

I'm very new to this but excited about being able to change my screen layout. As I don't like the current inventory window I decided to start here. I started with the original window and striped out all the elements I didn't want (stats, trivial details) and left the basics. To keep it simple I also left out the char picture area and the destroy and alt adv button. When I tried the mod the game locked. A quick check of the error file showed the following

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child IW_Destroy in window InventoryWindow

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child IW_AltAdvBtn in window InventoryWindow

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child AltAdvLabel in window InventoryWindow

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child AltAdvGauge in window InventoryWindow

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child ClassAnim in window InventoryWindow

[Wed Jul 31 06:12:58 2002] Error: Could not find child IW_CharacterView in window InventoryWindow

This suggests that the client engine always expects to find these elements in the inventory window and with that name. Can anyone confirm this? In this case is their a difinitive list of what is optional and what isn't?

Thanks

Jez
jeremyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Technetium
A Ghoul

in your InventoryWindow.xml file, remove the following lines at the end:

<pieces>IW_Destroy</pieces>
<pieces>IW_AltAdvBtn</pieces>
<pieces>AltAdvLabel</pieces>
<pieces>AltAdvGauge</pieces>
<pieces>ClassAnim</pieces>
<pieces>IW_CharacterView</pieces>
Technetium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #3
jeremyf
A Gray Wolf

I did. It appears that these particular items must be on the window. At some point I will strip the window and try that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Technetium
in your InventoryWindow.xml file, remove the following lines at the end:

<pieces>IW_Destroy</pieces>
<pieces>IW_AltAdvBtn</pieces>
<pieces>AltAdvLabel</pieces>
<pieces>AltAdvGauge</pieces>
<pieces>ClassAnim</pieces>
<pieces>IW_CharacterView</pieces>
Old 07-31-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
Panamah
A Ghoul

Default Yup, yup.

I ran into the same thing in the Player Window. It insisted that PetHP be in there. If it wasn't, crash to desk top with a UI error!
Panamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:56 PM   #5
jeremyf
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: Yup, yup.

Yes I had the same problem. I have since added the missing elements back in with dimensions of 1,1 for now and the Inventory window is now OK. Only problem is the sizing. I set the window size allowing for all the components and it still clipped right and bottom. I set the border to be sizable, sized it correctly and then checked in the character ini file. It should now be OK. I shall add back the missing items and upload for comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Panamah
I ran into the same thing in the Player Window. It insisted that PetHP be in there. If it wasn't, crash to desk top with a UI error!
Old 08-01-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
Wolfran
A Tundra Mammoth

One option:

Say you want to remove the stamina bar from the player window and replace it with the casting time bar. Don't remove the entry for the stamina bar...just change its EQType. Fool the interface into thinking the necessary items are still there.