Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2003, 03:07 AM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Zebuxoruk Loses One of It's Own

I am sorry, this will not the normal news post...

This weekend a close and dear real life friend who was one of the three founding members of the Guild I was leader of passed away.

Ken Jones AKA Gnar Manaman(and his alt Elmor Phudd) was found in his apt on monday apparently having died from complications from a seizure, sometime on Sat or Sunday.

Ken and I met in EQ, and became real life friends talk on the phone for hours (he was East Coast, I am West Coast). We have been friends for over 2 years now

Ken,my room-mate, and I started our guild almost 2 years ago, and Ken left leadership and the guild for personal reason, leaving I and my room-mate to run the guild. We disbanded the guild in July 2002 feeling it was best to end on a good name. We have since both gone on to do other things. But we have kept in contact with him. He became the Guild Leader for Leder'av'ere on Zebuxoruk (co-leader as I understand it) and to them I send out my condolences.

Ken was seperated from his wife, she did not understand the EQ Life style and he left the game twice to try and save his marriage. In the end his marriage did not end due to EQ, but something else and he came back to EQ when they split. To his wife I offer my heart felt sorrow.

Ken was a good man, and always did right by the newbies. I would see him sitting in Rivervale or Freeport buffing newbies for no other reason than to see how excited they got.

Ken, you will be missed.. May you find peace and happiness where ever you are, and may you remember us fondly when you look down on us. Rest easy brother, for we are still guarding the gates.

with all my love
- Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote