Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
Quiet
A Bat

Default Short Duration Buffs

I am using a modified buff window with reduced icon's and backgrounds. I have tried to extend the current buff window to include 6 additional slots for the new bard buffs. Here is my problem:

1. The text of the spell shows up correctly in the correct slot.
2. The icon and background of the bard songs do not show up when the song is sung, and DO show up whenever the background is not faded, and it shows up in the wrong spot etc.

This leads me to belive I do not understand how "buttons" are associated with data and items. If someone is willing to point me to a place to read, that would be great.

Each spell entry currently contains a text item (associated with 80-85) and a button item (which I have tried just extending the pattern or associating them with 80-85).

Note - the first 15 slots continue to work correctly.
Quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

well gratz on getting down to the right category.

Given that this JUST went live and EQGUI has been tied up most of the day during patches. Most modders haven't taken serious swing at this yet.

Generally I tend to look at things from the simpliest viewpoint. It would have been simplist if SOE had put them in the existing buff window. They didn't. Deduction - there is some REASON why this is the case.

Since SOE rarely takes notice of the players or bothers to communicate other than to collect my bill each month, they haven't stated the overwhelming need to place these in seperate window.

What has been stated is that for debuff purposes these fall into what would be slots 16-21 IF they were combined. This, in my opionin, is the key bit of knowledge to understanding why the windows should not be combined.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote