Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Vert 1.1 Fix for 6/11 and 5/14

I wasn't going to post these as so many of us have customized our player, group and target windows, mine included. So I'm including an image here so you can see what you'll end up from these files. If you don't like the setup, don't use that piece, just use the ones you do like.

While the UI works fine as it was, when you reload it, you'll get an error saying possible incompatibility because of the 5/14 changes. These files fix that error, even though there's no visible change to the UI, and restores the spellbook function under the spell casting gems.

I have to play at 800x600 and space is at a premium, so I like to keep my UI parts as small as possible. Here's what the following pieces included in the zip file are. They're all shown in the image below.

EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml
Vert never included the ugly spellbook under the spell casting gems, and I liked that look. What I did was to make it invisible under the 8th spell gem. When you move your mouse in the area, you'll see the text "Spellbook <Ctrl B>"... just right click and you've got the new save/load features without the ugly icon. See the image below.

EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
See image below. I use Ctrl-I and Ctrl-D to invite and disband.

EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
See image below. I shortened mine so only the hp, ac, atk and weight are shown. This includes a mana bar for casters.

EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml.MELEE
This makes the player window a bit smaller since there won't be an empty space for the mana bar. Just rename the file deleting ".MELEE".

EQUI_Target.xml
Plain and simple, see image.

window_pieces01.tga
With the 6/11 patch, there was a greyish shadow very noticeable around all the boxes that was never visible before. This file simply cleans that up to get rid of that slight grey outline.

Attached Files
File Type: zip vert_1.1_611-514.zip (36.5 KB, 60 views)