Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2002, 04:01 AM   #1
kwikdeath
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mith Marr
Question Is this possible?

I was thinking of a window that would show an enlarged XP/AAXP bar with percentages. The question I have is this...would it be possible to have those bars not included with other info in a window all thier own. I would like this to be up front at all times and about twice the size they appear normally, but at the same time I do not want my HP, Mana and Stamina bars to be enlarged. Does anyone know if there is a way this can be done? If so, how about a clue since I obviously do not have one.
kwikdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:17 AM   #2
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

Yes, it's possible. You can make a new gauge design and use it just for those two gauges by creating a new graphic file (for instance, big_gauge.tga) and having EQUI_Animations.xml point to that file, then copying the default gauge info (in the same file) and making a new set of gauge info by renaming all the parts (changing gauge to big_gauge for instance) and having them point to the file. You'll also have to enter the xy coordinates and the size coordinates for each part, based on how large they are and what pixel they start at in the TGA file.

Remember to leave the orignal gauge info alone unless you want to change the graphics for ALL gauges. Just copy the info to another location in the file (Preferably right below the default gauge info) and edit that.

Once you're done with EQUI_Animations.xml, you can add your new gauges to any window you want. I'd add them to the pet window if you want them seperate from everything else.

Unfortunately, this is where I get stuck, because the game appears to misinterpret the x,y coordinates and size of practically every custom graphic I made. I couldn't make a window display properly to save my life. I only use 128x128 or 256x256 graphics, so I know scaling isn't the issue here.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

One additional bit of info, you can't make an entirely new window in the UI, the best you can do is "recycle" one of the windows already in use, like the help window or friends window.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 01:21 PM   #4
kwikdeath
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mith Marr

Thanks a ton you guys. Much appreciated.
kwikdeath is offline   Reply With Quote