Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2002, 08:18 AM   #1
Grimmier
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Hrm.. is it possable to setup a...

...static backround image? What I mean is an image that I can always have stay in the same spot in the backround and just move all my windows around at will and not mess up the image. (note this would also be with transperant backround images on all windows, which is easy enough to do)
Grimmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:36 AM   #2
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

I don't think so, although I think if there is a way no one has found it yet or has stepped forward with a mod that does something like that. I would say no, because to have a picture you need to declare it as a ScreenPiece (like Gauge, or StaticAnimation), and ScreenPieces can only exist if they're in a Screen aka one of the windows.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:54 AM   #3
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

You could probably use the pet or friends window, make it the size of the screen or bigger, make it have no borders or title bar, put it at 0, 0 and then make it's background your image. Just guessing though. Never tried anything like that.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #4
Grimmier
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I thought of that too, but the problem with layering windows like that is, if you accidently click the backround window somehow then it coems to the front. Then you have to deal with bringing all the other windows back on top or you can't click on hp bars etc and have it work.
Grimmier is offline   Reply With Quote