Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
Meatball
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar
Default Container Slots in Other Windows?

I've converted one of my unused windows to a hotswap window so I can swap right-click items in and out quickly. What I'd like to do is actually use container slots instead of inventory slots for my swap sources. Anyone done anything like that, I can't seem to find much info about it.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

You can't do it. There's only one XML for containers that describes all bags and there's only one EQType for each slot in the container. There's some hard wiring behind the scenes that knows what bag is what and what items are in which bags. There's no way to directly reference Slot 4 of Bag 3 in the XML.

Sorry.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 12:22 PM   #3
lakoda
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar

I've thought about it, but haven't tried it. I really don't know if it will be possible because the code for the ui is static but your containers are dynamic. Ok, so lets sat you have a 10 slot bag in your 1st inventory slot and code the 10th slot of the bag into your window. Now, what happens if you change that 10 slot bag to a 6 slot one?? I hope this helps.

LAK
lakoda is offline   Reply With Quote