Password

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default t.king based UI Ver2 - by Cairenn

Download Here

11 May 03 - Patch for the upcoming SOE patch on 14 May. Can go ahead and install now, won't break anything. Can be found here.

24 Feb 03 - t.king has released the updated inventories that are totally compliant with today's patch. You'll want to update. They can be found here.

19 Feb 03 - Patch for the Release of LoY on 24 Feb, can be found here. Please be sure to READ the comments on that post.

15 Feb 03 - Please note that t.king has released his updated Inventory with the Charm slot. You need to get this file and add it to your custom directory, overwriting the existing files. It can be found here.

14 Feb 03 - Updated to have "Unclickable" windows. Also tweaked the player window options in 1280x1024 reso.

12 Feb 03 - Updated original skin to Version 2

Resolutions 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 are all supported.

READ THE README FILE for details on how to install this skin. Instructions for changing the class animation as well as instructions for updating your files if you are already using the original version of this skin are all included in the README file.

Inventory is included, but spell book, spell cast bar, gem icons and spell icons are *not* included. Please note, however, that the Inventory included is a temporary one until t.king and Remmy release their updated one with the new charm slot. So, watch for an update to this skin.

Credits to t.king and Remelio for the original graphics and most of the coding. I just tore things apart and put them back together again. Credit to Xymarra for her Highlight Compass that I’ve included, as well as to Vertebrae and Sokol for a bit of code I borrowed.

Feedback welcome.

(PS. No, that is not an Auto-Equip on the main screen, just the words were on the graphic I included, as can also be seen in the Inventory.)

Now for the good stuff. Screenshots:

As always, click screenshot for fullsized view

And in the hopes that it may explain the Choices folder a bit better, here are screenshots of the various choices found within it. You must choose one each of the player, group and pet windows:

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-11-2003 at 02:04 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

11 May 03 - Patch for the upcoming SOE patch on 14 May. Can go ahead and install now, won't break anything. Can be found here.

24 Feb 03 - Updated Inventory Window

t.king has released the updated inventories that are totally compliant with today's patch. You'll want to update. They can be found here.

20 Feb 03 - Patch for the Release of LoY on 24 Feb.

As per Kudane's request (which makes a lot of sense, Kudz), moved this to the Patch Fixes forum. It can now be found here.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-11-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Default Re: Wondering if you can make a small adjustmant ?

Quote:
Originally posted by cyrus1469
Hey sorry to ask for a lil o change for me but i love the UI and use it / Praise it all the time, but i have a small request.

is there any way you can move th Target bar to the piece of the border that is just above the chat windows and group window?

and perhaps make it a lil larger ( i have bad eyes) make the bar longer / % of hp larger / name of mob larger . ?

(on the piece labled Group with healer spheres 1024x768)
plz

thanx.

Hey Cairen do you still post on this anymore ? are you able to pull of this request ? just hopen to read a reply so i know one way or the other , i check daily
cyrus1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:03 PM   #4
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Default LFG Button not working in 1280x1024-Cairenn UI

Title says it really...LFG button doesn't work,doesn't even change then you put the cursor on it.
This is ONLY with the group window with health spheres and in 1280x1024 resolution.
Also, and I don't know if this is related but i couldn't change to any other resolution in-game.
Error file is normal.
Any ideas Cairenn?
Thanks,
Feebb
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
LFG Button not working in 1280x1024

That's rather odd. I'll look into it first chance I get.

cyrus1469 - Yeah, I'm still here, just life keeping me busy. I'll look into this, the "problem" is that in 800x600, there is no space on the pet&healerhelper to add a target bar. The rest of the bars, and the rest of the resolutions, there is space, but I've been trying to keep the entire thing "uniform", so that no matter what resolution you are running at, it all looks the same. I'll see what I can do.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:50 PM   #6
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Default LFG Button not working at 1280x1024

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairenn
That's rather odd. I'll look into it first chance I get.

cyrus1469 - Yeah, I'm still here, just life keeping me busy. I'll look into this, the "problem" is that in 800x600, there is no space on the pet&healerhelper to add a target bar. The rest of the bars, and the rest of the resolutions, there is space, but I've been trying to keep the entire thing "uniform", so that no matter what resolution you are running at, it all looks the same. I'll see what I can do.

Cairenn,
It's got something to do with the position of the LFG button at 1280x1024. I tried moving the button to the left side of the group window and the button works fine, but over near the intended position it doesn't work . I settled on an x position of 400.
Regards,
Feebb
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:40 PM   #7
Maleck
A Gray Wolf

Server: Ayonae Ro
Default Download problems =(

Hello =)
I'm just having troubles downloading this UI file. When I try to open the file to view the read me file, it says "Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupt. Is this some sort of bug or do I need to change some settings in order to get it to open?

And what does it mean by changing your .ini files "plain" or "pet"?Where do I find those .ini files?

My apolgies for the questions, I am just new to this computer download/file transfer thing and this is my first UI download. Been on default UI since it came out, and just want something different and fitting for my paladin character! =) Fantastic job on the UI though, it's by far my favorite that I have seen! =)

Maleck
Maleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:46 PM   #8
Maleck
A Gray Wolf

Server: Ayonae Ro
Default Another thing =(

When I try to extract the files to the custom folder it say there are no files to extract. Is anyone else having these problems? It all has to do I think with the problem downloading the file, being corrupt according to my comp. I hope you can help, I'm looking forward to using this UI! =)

Maleck
Maleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:31 PM   #9
dethnyte
An Icepaw Kobold

Any update on the pet window fix?

I know you're busy... but was wondering if you'd been working on anything new in the past few weeks? I love your work.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:32 AM   #10
Grromp
A Bat

I'm somewhat new to these "complete overhaul" UI's but am trying to get yours to work.

What is the "servernumber" part of the .ini file, and could not knowing/having this be the reason that it's not looking right on my screen? If so, where can I stumble over a list of servers and their corresponding numbers?

Thanks, and great job!
Karana
Grromp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:03 AM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

In your main EQ directory, there is a (list of) file that says:

UI_CharacterName_Server#.ini

for example, mine is:

UI_Cairenn_70.ini

Find what yours is, rename the one I gave you to match it, then move mine up to your main EQ directory. It will ask if you want to overwrite it. Say yes.

And yeah, that would be why it isn't looking right on your screen.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:07 PM   #12
Pizz
A Bat

Default Trouble with running this ui

Greetings

I am having trouble with running this ui, I have followed the readme file.

I still get the incompatability message when I try to load it.

All my eq files are up to date.

All the Caireen files are installed correctly

the patch files also added.

Any clue what I might be doing wrong?
Pizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Post your UIError.txt log file.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #14
Thuggish
A Bat

Out of curiosity, do you have any intrest/intention to support 1600x1200 resolution? =) I've recently upgraded my video hardware to a Radeon 9500 pro, and I actually get smoother framerates at 1600x1200 than at 1280x1024 ROFL. : )

-someguythatlikesyourUIlots
Thuggish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:15 AM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

I've had many ask for that resolution, and I'd love to do it. However, the problem lies in the fact that my monitor won't support that resolution. I could make it, but I can't see how it looks when all put together, to tweak it. =/
Closed Thread