Old 07-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #122
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Re: Spellbook and Buff Gems

Quote:
Originally posted by Doclotus
As much as I like looking at the t.king artwork, I find it difficult to use in the game from a reading perspective. I guess I'm too used to the old buff and spell icons.

Is there any way to just use the default artwork/icons and take advantage of the rest of the wonderful interface?

Thanks,

Doc

edit: Nm, through my keen intuitive powers (yeah right) I was able to figure it out. Wanted to keep the feedback here though.

Only the screen shot shows the Tking spell gems as thats the setup I used, Soalaria does NOT come with them, it uses the default.

-Sokol
Old 07-19-2003, 06:25 PM   #123
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Jentraal
I'm running on a 21" monitor.

hmmmmm

1280x1024 on a 21 inch monitor should be big enough to read..

try rotating down to 1152 (the next size down) and see if you dont get view you want..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 07-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #124
Mikalli
A Gray Wolf

Default Feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
Sokol and I are still addressing two additional items before we do a full release in all colors..

1. Hotbuttons with Clickies.. we want to see if we can make this the same width as the rest of our windows.

I wanted this sometime back so I did it. Basically I made the inventory items smaller. No idea about a performance impact but I've been using it for 6 months with no issues. Attached is what it looks like next to the buff window.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sokol
Only the screen shot shows the Tking spell gems as thats the setup I used, Soalaria does NOT come with them, it uses the default.

FYI it is in the current zip. I just delete spells01.tga - spells06.tga to remove it as I like the default icons as well.

Might I also make 2 suggestions for the final release?

1. Make the compass the same width as the other windows.
2. Make the casting Window the same size as the HP or Mana bar for example. I liked a mod you did putting the Casting bar under the Target bar. Now I'm not requesting a mod at this time, just to follow some of the principles you stated for Solaria. Personally I keep my casting window next to the HP bar of my Target. You gota know if that CH is taking to long without allot of Eye movement ya know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffwindow.jpg (11.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 07-21-2003, 09:54 AM   #125
Doclotus
A Gray Wolf

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Doclotus Send a message via Yahoo to Doclotus
Default Re: Re: Spellbook and Buff Gems

Quote:
Originally posted by Sokol

-Sokol

Odd, I wonder why the T.King icons came up in the book and buffs then? I don't recall ever downloading them before.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:45 PM   #126
bhinel
A Fire Beetle

Default Selecting from Group or Player window

I am using Solaria for my Cleric, I like it as it's easy to identify pretty much anything at a glance.

The one thing thats difficult for me is that the "select" areas in the player window and group windows are too small to hit quickly.

It would be better, for me at least, if the entire area in the player window would select myself, and the entire group window was allocated to select one player or another rather than just the health bars.

Since I raid 100% I spend a lot of time trying to quickly move from the hot buttons (assist heal), the mob (to find who has aggro), and players in my group for quick heals.

Large select areas are a big help for this, the large cast gem bar is great for this.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #127
Sokol

Default Re: Re: Re: Spellbook and Buff Gems

Quote:
Originally posted by Doclotus
Odd, I wonder why the T.King icons came up in the book and buffs then? I don't recall ever downloading them before.

It could be in one of the zips I forgot to remove them
I'll remove them with the next release.

Sokol
Old 07-23-2003, 03:45 PM   #128
Sokol

Default Re: Selecting from Group or Player window

Quote:
Originally posted by bhinel
I am using Solaria for my Cleric, I like it as it's easy to identify pretty much anything at a glance.

The one thing thats difficult for me is that the "select" areas in the player window and group windows are too small to hit quickly.

It would be better, for me at least, if the entire area in the player window would select myself, and the entire group window was allocated to select one player or another rather than just the health bars.

Since I raid 100% I spend a lot of time trying to quickly move from the hot buttons (assist heal), the mob (to find who has aggro), and players in my group for quick heals.

Large select areas are a big help for this, the large cast gem bar is great for this.

I'll look into this, my main concern on the group window is having room to click the pets health too.

-Sokol
Old 07-23-2003, 03:48 PM   #129
Sokol

Default Re: Feedback

Quote:
1. Make the compass the same width as the other windows.

2. Make the casting Window the same size as the HP or Mana bar for example. I liked a mod you did putting the Casting bar under the Target bar. Now I'm not requesting a mod at this time, just to follow some of the principles you stated for Solaria. Personally I keep my casting window next to the HP bar of my Target. You gota know if that CH is taking to long without allot of Eye movement ya know! [/B]

The compass window is actualy a VERY old compass window designed for Vert by kudane, which we never released, soa lthough it looks new, it's still un moded for solaria, and we will get to it, but thanks for the reminder!

I agree I my self have a set up to allow my eyes to stay focused in a very tight area, and allow my mouse tor emain in an even tighter area, so I will be making many mods along these lines when Soalria releases, officialy.

-Sokol
Old 07-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #130
Quelthalas
A Ghoul

Default health bar

i was wondering if its possible to change the color of the health bar by changing the RGB values in the files?

i did it before with Vert when it changed from white to whatever color it changed to...

i got so used to the white it messed me up when the color changed so i changed it back

can i still change it with Solaria?

havent tried yet cause i didnt want to break it if it wont work
Old 07-23-2003, 08:02 PM   #131
Sokol

Default Re: health bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Quelthalas
i was wondering if its possible to change the color of the health bar by changing the RGB values in the files?

i did it before with Vert when it changed from white to whatever color it changed to...

i got so used to the white it messed me up when the color changed so i changed it back

can i still change it with Solaria?

havent tried yet cause i didnt want to break it if it wont work

Yes thats apart of XML code, and the EQ client so you will always be able to change the fill colors.

-sokol
Old 07-30-2003, 04:33 AM   #132
ryoujikaji
A Hill Giant

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via AIM to ryoujikaji

awesome stuff, keep up the good work!
Old 08-03-2003, 02:52 PM   #133
Skarlett
A Crystal Gargoyle

Default Solaria Compass

Love this UI and have had no problems except with the compass. It's small and hard to read. Any possibility of making it bigger or at least making the letters more readable? (If this is a request you reject, np, just thought I'd mention it)

~Skarlett
Old 08-03-2003, 02:56 PM   #134
Skarlett
A Crystal Gargoyle

Default Solaria Compass (edit)

Just saw your response to the other message about the compass. Sorry to bring it up again. Will wait for update.

~Skarlett
Old 08-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #135
ryoujikaji
A Hill Giant

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via AIM to ryoujikaji

Here are a list of of things ive found that need fixin. in vert i was able to change the bg color of the windows to whatever i wanted. some of the windows currently in solaria lets u do that but these windows listed below wont let me.

HP/ self stats window
Spell Gem bar
Spell Book
LFG/Group window

it would be great to see these able to be changed. i always put a red bg color on all my windows, looks nice